• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i think everyone should have a single vote for only one AG, later one. (just a Humble Opinion).

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 27 April 2015 11:23 AM

No new votes since yesterday. J.U.L.I.A. continues to lead 2 votes ahead. The Night of the Rabbit, Syberia 2 and Scratches follow. Will 8 votes (a low number IMHO) be enough for the win?

I don’t know. Toonstruck only got 9 votes for the win. I don’t have an exact tally, but 8 votes seems about average.

Edit: I tried to go back and look at prior votes, and the vote totals didn’t tell me much. The first playthrough in the archives is Callahan’s. I’m not sure how the final vote was tallied. IHNMAIMS was an oddity. It had some votes but was far down on the list until it became available on GOG. Then it shot up to #1 with a bullet. Inherit the Earth got good number of votes, but lots of players dropped out after the playthrough started. (I was one.) Vampyre Story seemed to get an average number of votes, and almost all who voted for it played through to the end despite a few technical difficulties.

In the current vote, a great many of the games have moved forward from prior voting sessions. All the way back to Scratches, which was part of the CCS discussion. Some of these older games seem to have a following. But as the number of potential players decreases, and/or the number of nominated game increases, the number of votes/game goes down. That’s a logical consequence.

I’m also noticing that there aren’t a whole lot of new players nominating and voting.

The absent “new” players may not have the affection for a 11-year-old game such as S2 that many of us do.

Bottom line is that I think there are many reasons why a “winning” game might have a low vote total. Accept it for what it is. Move on, and see what we can do to improve things in the future.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Stick me down for:

Overclocked
Scratches

I recently played through Syberia 2 for the first time (to completion) so I won’t vote for it but will follow along and comment a bit if it’s chosen.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Updated

8 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, Noddy, Becky, crabapple
7 Scratches: Sefir (leader), rtrooney, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Noddy, Becky, Intense Degree
6 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), rtrooney, SoccerDude28, millenia, advie, Lady Kestrel
6 Syberia 2: rtrooney (leader), Sefir, Mikekelly, Iznogood, TimovieMan, Becky
6 Overclocked a history of violence: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, Intense Degree
5 The Secrets of DaVinci: Kurufinwe (leader), rtrooney, millenia, wilco, Lady Kestrel
5 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir (leader), millenia, wilco, Lady Kestrel, Iznogood
5 Blade Runner: Mikekelly (leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, Noddy
4 Sinking Island: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, SoccerDude28, Sefir
4 Plundered Hearts: wilco, SoccerDude28, millenia, Oscar
4 The moment of silence: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan
4 The Longest Journey: diego (leader), wilco, Iznogood, TimovieMan
4 The Experiment: Kurufinwe (leader), millenia, wilco, Becky
3 Shadow of the Comet: Kurufinwe (leader), Sefir, wilco
3 Spycraft: diego (leader), Sefir, TimovieMan
3 Sam&Max; the Devil’s Playhouse: wilco (leader), Iznogood, Becky
2 Al Emmo: diego (leader), rtrooney
2 Dreamfall: Iznogood (leader), wilco
2 Torin’s Passage: diego (leader), Oscar
2 Discworld 2: Sefir (leader), Iznogood
2 Grim Fandango Remastered: rtrooney, Becky
1 Escape from MI: diego (leader)
1 Return of the Phantom: Oscar

Only 3 days left and J.U.L.I.A.continues to lead with 8 votes. This time however can feel the breath of Scratches, just 1 vote behind! The Night of the Rabbit, Syberia 2 and Overclocked follow with 6 votes each.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m feeling good about playing in this playthrough. I’ve voted for six of the top six games. (Of course I once did a box-three on a four-horse race and managed to lose. There was only one possible outcome of the race that wouldn’t have me cashing out, and that was the outcome. So I guess something could happen.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

one Overclocked on the rocks here, please

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And one The Night of the Rabbit. Shaken, not stirred.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1788

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I wasn’t going to vote as the last time I did was for BoUT (edit. No it wasn’t! It was for TWW) which won but I got way behind and only finished about 3 weeks after everyone else! However, it looks like life is allowing me more time so I’m voting for J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars

I started shortly after its release but a change in PCs plus life left it hanging so this looks a good time to go back to it. There are a couple of others that are listed that I might join in with but as I’m uncertain about that I’ll leave voting for them specifically for another time.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Updated

9 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, Noddy, Becky, crabapple, Jabod
7 Scratches: Sefir (leader), rtrooney, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Noddy, Becky, Intense Degree
7 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), rtrooney, SoccerDude28, millenia, Advie, Lady Kestrel, diego
7 Overclocked a history of violence: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Advie
6 Syberia 2: rtrooney (leader), Sefir, Mikekelly, Iznogood, TimovieMan, Becky
5 The Secrets of DaVinci: Kurufinwe (leader), rtrooney, millenia, wilco, Lady Kestrel
5 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir (leader), millenia, wilco, Lady Kestrel, Iznogood

Remember! Only 2 days to go!!
While 2 more games reached 7 votes, J.U.L.I.A. managed to increase its lead!! J.U.L.I.A. is in front with 9 votes, followed by Scratches, Overclocked and the Night of the Rabbit with 7 votes each. Syberia 2 was left behind with 6.
Vote, vote, vote!!! Tongue

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ll also join Scratches, Overclocked, Syberia 2 and Murder in the Abbey.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

LAST VOTING DAY

9 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, Noddy, Becky, crabapple, Jabod
8 Scratches: Sefir (leader), rtrooney, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Noddy, Becky, Intense Degree, diego
8 Overclocked: A history of violence: Iznogood (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Advie, diego
7 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), rtrooney, SoccerDude28, millenia, Advie, Lady Kestrel, diego
7 Syberia 2: rtrooney (leader), Sefir, Mikekelly, Iznogood, TimovieMan, Becky, diego
6 Murder in the Abbey: Sefir (leader), millenia, wilco, Lady Kestrel, Iznogood, diego

FINAL DAY!!
A few hours are left and J.U.L.I.A. keeps its small lead of just 1 vote ahead of Scratches and Overclocked!!!!
Every vote counts!!!!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The truth is i am not itched to play Julia, so i will have do with Scratches.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

The Experiment or Moment of Silence. (But if JULIA is picked, I wrote the review, so I’d love to see what others think of it as well!)

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Is there a tie? I thought the voting had closed.

I’m OK with Scratches because I don’t have to buy it in order to play it.

But, I thought JULIA was the winner. I voted for both. My guess is that Advie’s vote came in well after the GMT deadline and should be appreciated, but discarded.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oh, i didn’t notice, this thread was way down below at the adventure page when i logged in today, but i when checked (totally sure that Julia is still two votes ahead) and found scratches is just one vote behind and then… (what i explained at my post).

but i am alright with discarding my vote, anyways that was my last (belated) try to avoid Julia, anyways its a short, easy game and should not last long on this playthrough, and maybe i might get the chance to see The Rabbit going through the next CPT, hehe, just kidding i gave up already and running it for the 2nd day today, got too close to it and couldn’t resist not to start replying it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top