• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 22 February 2015 11:45 AM

I guess I could also lead a playthrough of Oknytt.
*Sigh* If I’m not careful then I will just end up leading all the playthroughs in a long time.

I promise you that I take my break only in this voting (if there still is a voting). I will make myself available in leading from the next one.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just think, if “Hotel Dusk” gets just four more votes, we could have our first handheld only community playthrough…........

All kidding aside, I’d be happy with a Syberia 2 playthrough as well.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 22 February 2015 09:14 AM

The voting represents the game in which the majority wants to participate. Saying that “we will have a playthrough of a specific game anyway,  no matter what your vote or preference is” (for any game) shows disrespect, to every person in every voting whose preference was not chosen. Instead, they waited patiently until their prefered game was chosen to play from the majority.

I am on Diego’s side in this matter and I don’t see any disrespect provided the game in question is not on the voting list. If someone wants to start an unofficial playthrough, let them. Preferably not during the voting for an official playthrough. Why wait patiently in line for something that won’t ever happen? I’d love to play Plundered Hearts (or some other text adventure), but there will never be enough official voters.

PS: Count me in for Hotel Dusk. I have the game, I have an old DS. All I need is a CP!

PPS: Something else. There are far too many games nominated compared to the number of voters. Not good for voting. It’s one reason we always end up with three, four, five games with the same number of votes.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Well, that’ll teach me to officially announce my unofficial playthroughs in ahead. Crazy (seriously, “unofficial playthrough” can be every little thread on the forum where two users discuss game. Hell, you can open the thread and discuss the game with yourself as you progress). But let’s not cry over spilt milk - I will lead Toonstruck playthrough only if it wins the official playthrough.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Mikekelly - 22 February 2015 04:24 PM

Just think, if “Hotel Dusk” gets just four more votes, we could have our first handheld only community playthrough…........

All kidding aside, I’d be happy with a Syberia 2 playthrough as well.

Heart

I’m not sure about the other players, but my old eyes need a BF monitor. (Currently using a Samsung 27” LED) The thought of only being able to play on my phone, or my Kindle HD, or even a large tablet, would exclude me from the playthrough in a heartbeat.

Although from what Sefir says, playing Drawn 1 on his tablet during the CCPT is the way he thinks the game was meant to be played. Particularly when he can input graphics using his finger rather that being tied to a mouse like I am.

So, I guess, while I wouldn’t play a phone or tablet-only game, I’m envious of those of you that still have the eyesight to pull it off.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 22 February 2015 05:39 PM

Well, that’ll teach me to officially announce my unofficial playthroughs in ahead. Crazy (seriously, “unofficial playthrough” can be every little thread on the forum where two users discuss game. Hell, you can open the thread and discuss the game with yourself as you progress). But let’s not cry over spilt milk - I will lead Toonstruck playthrough only if it wins the official playthrough.

Well, you tried to have your cake and eat it too. Either you announce your unofficial playthrough regardless of what happens elsewhere in the AG forums (like Bad Mojo, Zork GI, GAG, among others), or you nominate the game for the official voting process. IMO you should continue promoting it as an unofficial playthrough. I don’t understand why you changed your mind.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 22 February 2015 06:33 PM

I don’t understand why you changed your mind.

Because Toonstruck is winning the voting. Tongue

No, you’re right, I should had determinedly said that Toonstruck is going to be the unofficial playthrough no matter what, before the voting started. Now people have already voted for it.
(on a even more brighter note, don’t you think it’s great we’re “arguing” about multiple playthroughs, when you couldn’t gather a bunch even with a shotgun, only few years back? I mean, The Adventure Company is back, Oscar ceremony is starting in few hours… Life is good.)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 22 February 2015 06:37 PM

I mean, The Adventure Company is back,

Eh? Tell me more.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 23 February 2015 02:29 AM
diego - 22 February 2015 06:37 PM

I mean, The Adventure Company is back,

Eh? Tell me more.

Nordic Games bought them and are publishing games under the label. Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is published under The Adventure Company label:

Edit: I also vote for Hotel Dusk, need to support DS playthroughs

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

IMO, there is no difference in promoting an unofficial playthrough of ANY game, as long as it is a playthrough (unofficial or not is only in words. It is a playthrough of the AG Community and this is what matters). Being in the voting process or not makes absolutely no differennce in my eyes as long as it is clear that this game’s playthrough will take place no matter what. I mean, really, why we even have this voting process? Why chose a game for the majority of players to participate when anyone can say anytime “Neh, who cares? Lets have any playthrough I want (along with a number of other forum members. Big or small number makes no difference, it wasn’t chosen by the majority after all)”.

This is what I found disrespectful. Because in every voting, other members patiently waited or still wait for their preference (Syberia 2, Tony Tough, etc) to be chosen by the majority and be played by the greatest number of participants, while others want to have their own playthrough not regarding anything.

As for the current voting (someone else might just take it, I’m not going to participate on it any more) as of this moment is something like:

Toonstruck: Winner no matter what
Other votes that really have no meaning.

(I really do respect diego’s choice not to lead this game in case it doesn’t win the voting, but anyone else still can)

EDIT: Yes, Toonstruck is winning the voting process by a couple of votes if we take numbers into account and it is a nice coincidence, but that may change anytime. I’m afraid it will be really controversial if something like this happen.

EDIT 2: As for the cases of “unofficial playthrough” that took part in the past, I checked the old archived threads and, with 4-5 exceptions, there was no voting process back then for choosing what the majority wants (this was a process something that started to be stellarly used from 2013 and there where no “unofficial” playthroughs since then)

Karlok - 22 February 2015 05:27 PM

PPS: Something else. There are far too many games nominated compared to the number of voters. Not good for voting. It’s one reason we always end up with three, four, five games with the same number of votes.

Well, in previous votings you did tell me to start from “clean slate” where everyone can propose any game with no restrictions….Though I now see no harm done. There where only a coule of times where what you mention (having 2 games with the same number of votes in top spot) happened…

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

8 Toonstruck: diego (leader), wilco, Bogi, SoccerDude28, Karlok, TimovieMan, giom, Lady Kestrel
7 The Night of the Rabbit: Becky (leader), SoccerDude28, rtrooney, Advie, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Bogi
6 Blade Runner: Mikekelly (leader), Sefir, wilco, TimovieMan, giom, Bogi
6 Syberia 2: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, Mikekelly, TimovieMan, Becky
6 J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, wilco, TimovieMan, Becky
6 Oknytt: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, Karlok, Advie, TimovieMan, Becky
6 Scratches: rtrooney, Sefir, TimovieMan, Renacimiento, Lady Kestrel, Becky
6 The Blackwell Series: Iznogood (leader), Sefir, rtrooney, TimovieMan, Bogi, Becky
5 Ace Ventura: Karlok, Oscar, wilco, Bogi, TimovieMan
4 Al Emmo: diego (leader), rtrooney, Sefir, TimovieMan
4 Discworld 2: Karlok, Sefir, TimovieMan, diego
4 Hotel Dusk: Mikekelly (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, wilco
4 Zork Grand Inquisitor: wilco, SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, diego
4 Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths: Becky (leader), Sefir, TimovieMan, diego
4 The Book of Unritten Tales: wilco, TimovieMan, diego, Becky
4 Beyond Atlantis: Lady Kestrel (leader), rtrooney, diego, Becky
4 Grim Fandango Remastered: wilco, Sefir, rtrooney, Becky
3 Plundered Hearts: wilco, Karlok, Oscar
3 Riddle of the Sphinx: Oscar, Sefir, diego
1 Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure: Becky (leader)
1 Maniac Mansion: Oscar
1 Below the Root: Oscar

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 23 February 2015 08:17 AM

As for the current voting (someone else might just take it, I’m not going to participate on it any more)

I’m sorry you’re upset, Sefir, and I hope you’ll reconsider.

Well, in previous votings you did tell me to start from “clean slate” where everyone can propose any game with no restrictions….Though I now see no harm done. There where only a coule of times where what you mention (having 2 games with the same number of votes in top spot) happened…

Yeah, I know I was in favor of the clean slate, which has both advantages and disadvantages. If spontaneous CPs are out of the question, maybe the general rules should be adapted so that games with fewer voters also have a chance, for instance in a later round of voting. If a game always ends in second or third place, or is nominated every time, voters are obviously eager to play it.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

This is starting to get bad taste Frown

I would also like to participate in:

The Night of the Rabbit, Blackwell and Blade Runner playthroughs.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 23 February 2015 08:58 AM
Sefir - 23 February 2015 08:17 AM

As for the current voting (someone else might just take it, I’m not going to participate on it any more)

I’m sorry you’re upset, Sefir, and I hope you’ll reconsider.

Nah, diego counts the votes just fine. Tongue

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m not sure about the other players, but my old eyes need a BF monitor. (Currently using a Samsung 27” LED) The thought of only being able to play on my phone, or my Kindle HD, or even a large tablet, would exclude me from the playthrough in a heartbeat.

I use reading glasses myself. Currently 1.0 - but if you used 3.0 you should be OK on a typical tablet computer.

Now if you are already using 3.0 reading glasses and a 27 inch monitor - well then a tablet would not cut it no matter what you did.

Maybe a handheld only community playthrough?

Anyway, Blade runner has a slim chance, we’ll see. Before I AM branded a handheld only gamer - I have 366 PC adventure games, all of which are mint condition collector’s editions.

I have 70 waiting to be played on my PC netbook….

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top