• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies 2016

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 February 2017 01:32 PM

Going through the list of eligible games in the poll reminded me of Love You to Bits. Why did that game not even get a review? It was pretty much my second-favourite adventure of 2016.

noticed they removed the Handheld Category, this ‘Love You to Bits’ could have been on the top of it.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 11 February 2017 07:22 AM

(Also, may I say how much the Aggies depress me? They just remind me of how many game I haven’t managed to play.)

Shouldn’t that delight you, by reminding you how many games get released each year nowadays??? Smile

Oscar - 11 February 2017 04:48 PM

It’s slightly more nuanced than that. A website like this is always reliant its community and it is in its own interest to listen to it. Alienate the viewer base and the advertising revenue goes down. It’s a mutual relationship. Just like any business can tell all of its customers to “f- off” - of course they can do it, but it’s not going to be very good for business.

And that’s why there are Editor’s Aggies and Reader’s Choice Aggies. Your vote counts as well…

giom - 11 February 2017 06:27 PM

I personally would love to have an award for almost adventures but we can always vote for that ourselves in the forum if we want to.

I like the idea. We had this category a few years ago in the Silver Aggies / Honorary Aggies. I wouldn’t mind seeing those return.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Well, i can’t vote for obvious reasons and take no answer as an answer.

Best Story: INSIDE
Best Writing Comedy: King’s Quest
Best Writing Drama: INSIDE
Best Character: Huddle
Best Gameplay: INSIDE
Best Concept: INSIDE
Best Setting: King’s Quest
Best Graphics: INSIDE
Best Animation: INSIDE
Best Music: King’s Quest
Best Voice: King’s Quest
Best Sound Effects: INSIDE
Best Non-Traditional Adventure: Samorost 3
Best Traditional Adventure: King’s Quest
Best Adventure of 2016: King’s Quest

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 13 February 2017 04:01 PM

Advie - 13 February 2017 01:00 PM

well, 3 outta 15 match isn’t bad at all, esp with two different tastes.

but i could say this year hotspot is KQ vs DFC .. the best two productions that have been given in the adventure gaming history.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Going through the list of eligible games in the poll reminded me of Love You to Bits. Why did that game not even get a review? It was pretty much my second-favourite adventure of 2016.

Same reason about 30 other games didn’t get reviewed last year. Too many games, not enough time.

The devs claimed to be planning a PC release, so I figured we’d circle back to it when the port came out. But so far… still nothing. Meh

TimovieMan - 13 February 2017 03:24 PM

I like the idea. We had this category a few years ago in the Silver Aggies / Honorary Aggies. I wouldn’t mind seeing those return.

As recently as last year.

Doing something a little different with the silvers this year. That’s all I’m saying. Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jackal - 13 February 2017 04:51 PM

Doing something a little different with the silvers this year. That’s all I’m saying. Tongue

i don’t understand, you are talking about a surprise!, something outta the (box) given votes?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Jackal - 13 February 2017 04:51 PM

Same reason about 30 other games didn’t get reviewed last year. Too many games, not enough time.

The devs claimed to be planning a PC release, so I figured we’d circle back to it when the port came out. But so far… still nothing. Meh

The iOS version is still incomplete (missing the final few levels), so maybe they’ll release the PC version if/when they complete those.

I wish it had received more attention (in general, not here specifically). It was a really well designed game, and frankly a more enjoyable Samorost-clone than Samorost 3. Meh

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 13 February 2017 03:24 PM
Kurufinwe - 11 February 2017 07:22 AM

(Also, may I say how much the Aggies depress me? They just remind me of how many game I haven’t managed to play.)

Shouldn’t that delight you, by reminding you how many games get released each year nowadays??? Smile

Why should I care that good games get released if I don’t get to play them? Tongue

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 February 2017 01:32 PM

Glad The Last Guardian was eligible, made the voting very easy

Yes, i voted TLG for everything except Music, story and best writing Drama,for which i voted Silvercase
Doesnt mean much because i am practically one of few who played it Tongue
Best character Kusabi vs Toriko Tongue

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 February 2017 05:14 PM

Why should I care that good games get released if I don’t get to play them? Tongue

You miss the warm glow of seeing other people have a good time playing all the wonderful new games.  Innocent

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Karlok - 13 February 2017 05:53 PM

You miss the warm glow of seeing other people have a good time playing all the wonderful new games.  Innocent

Yup. Seeing other people be happy. That’s what I live for. You know me so well. Innocent

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kurufinwe - 14 February 2017 03:59 AM

Yup. Seeing other people be happy. That’s what I live for. You know me so well. Innocent

Here’s some unwanted advice: Look at all the (R)s in your sig. Tongue

I’m in a retro mood myself though.  Shifty Eyed

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 14 February 2017 06:26 AM
Kurufinwe - 14 February 2017 03:59 AM

Here’s some unwanted advice: Look at all the (R)s in your sig. Tongue

I’m in a retro mood myself though.  Shifty Eyed

Only the time used being the Dovahkiin would be enough to play all adventure games for the past 5 years! Smile (just guessing since I clocked more than 100h on Skyrim without the expansions Shifty Eyed )

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Just FYI, Kathy Rain was inadvertently left off the Best Writing - Drama list in the reader poll. We’ll get that fixed later today, but if anyone wishes to resubmit their votes to reflect that change, we’ll disregard the first submission and accept the second as the official one.

Sorry about that, Clifftop!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I almost felt bad voting as there are so many games released this year that I haven’t played .. yet. Still, I don’t think it would have changed my votes much if I had played more.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top