• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest (new)

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

What are your thoughts on the new episodic King’s Quest game?

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Great game, but very different from the originals.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you are joking right?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

The first episode was pretty fantastic, an all-around strong modernization of the series. The next 2 episodes have struggled to find their identity and had some production value issues but still show flashes of what this team does well. So its going pretty well in terms of game quality.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok impressions..

well, however different it is from the original shouldn’t bother anyone to start comparing them as they are made by different people developers

my impressions for this Prequal goes straight to the market and way it will push the genre with/beside the already seen -Dreamfall Chapters, the upcoming(s) Daedalic’s SoM and the awaited Silence, plus Syberia3- that its standards have been pushed already up and into same direction (that ttg kinda already but…) of giving open world 3rd person 3D adventure with the narrative taking the sum of 50-80% and above all the quality that capture the eyes of the mainstream players..

the only thing thats bothering me at this astonishing rise of/and quality the is the over* appeal of QTEs and the telling_tales sum of the whole adventure and how much of the puzzling/challenging parts could dimish for the sake of those two.

how is this outlook demanding to the other companies.. and how would it effect the last 10 years of indies devs and their space..  is something might be considered..

As for the new KQ i think the Oddguys are the taking the old fans really too seriously.. i have to give em that.. and tho i was too sure they will *uck up, but they have surprised me.

must play .

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

The production value is beautiful, but it’s just way too Telltale and too “light” for me. There’s hardly even a single moment of challenge, it’s over-the-top silly/disney syle humor. It doesn’t really feel like a cool reinvention of the classics King’s Quest 1-VI to me at all.

The Telltale style forces all the environments, puzzles, etc to feel so SMALL. Like you’re playing around in a little diorama, rather than a sprawling world. The inventory always feels small, the items are few and obvious, it’s like a very compromised, kid-glove version of King’s Quest adventure gaming. The story itself feels very small. It’s like little vignettes focused on tiny moments, instead of an epic adventure. I like my King’s Quest to feel like a QUEST.

I enjoyed playing through all of the episodes so far with my gf, and she’s new to adventure games, but we both agree that other games are just more fun to play and think through.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what i meant by the Oddguys taking the old fans seriously is the way they handle this prequel fine as how things were before the 1st/original king’s quest started.. story wise.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top