• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiewalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 19 August 2016

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Hugo’s House of Horrors was one of the first adventure games I ever played. For a 1990 game it was probably well behind the pack (dated graphics and parser) but seemed new and fresh to me at the time. One thing it does have going for it is a sense of humour, and many ways to die including being eaten by a dog and getting your head sliced off by the butler. And oh yes, Igor, the mad scientist’s assistant, who is green guy in the screenshot - who can forget Igor?

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That combination of colors makes my eyes bleed, Oscar!  I’ve seen screenshots of the 3 Hugo games but don’t know much else about them.  This one reminds me a bit of the graphics in Maniac Mansion.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This one is famous for the opening sequence.

look door
look pumpkin
take pumpkin
smash pumpkin
take key
use key on door
open door

Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top