• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #17 - Eternal Journey: New Atlantis

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, this is 150 years in the future. And they have discovered a way to reconstruct blood vessel function in the brain. So I guess if we can suspend disbelief for one, we can do it for the other.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think they should call them turbobots.  Wink

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Turbobots it is!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I’ve made it to the rendezvous! I hope we won’t have to stay here long, because that creepy grub thing is giving me the willies.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I made it to the rendezvous as well and, like Cluelass, I think the grubs are rather creepy. I like the cacti that are adapted to the Martian environment and I think we should take some up to Mars with the next mission.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now fixed the drill & got through the tunnel.
I’m finding this game more eerie & scary than any regular horror game!
The part we’ve arrived at has quite a foreboding atmosphere I think.
There has been quite a few gadgets around that seem to be journals? so never mind about the critters as they are but are they possibly the pupa? of the hoards of bugs shown in video footage on one of the gadgets? Are these bugs going to suddenly appear out of nowhere? I’m glad I’ve got that cat with me at the mo (even if it might not be trustworthy.)  Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

After repairing the huge drill and breaking through the tunnel, you find yourself in this strange and somewhat sinister-feeling area with unusual artifacts to manipulate and many more areas to explore. 

Work on this next section until Sunday, June 19 and stop just before you open this door:

As the game progresses, I find myself using my map more and more to navigate, especially when I have to go back to areas that involve taking the elevator or the train.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just finished the section. I did find the way to open the door, but I haven’t clicked to open it yet. Tongue
I like the game thus far both in story, riddles and presentation. The voice acting could have been better (the martian station is in total chaos! Put some terror in the voice dammit!), but it is a small flaw.
In this section there was a lot of backtracking and Thank The Map for telling us in which areas the HOS were reset, otherwise it would have been a nightmare.
There were some tense moments, like the meteor shower or some !@#$ moments like the slider puzzle, but in the end everything was handled ok.
Storywise, I’m not expecting to find anyone alive at this point. Especially after I found out the fate of the scientific personell in the glowing roots.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just reached the door also with the means to open it. I agree with Sefir the voice-acting isn’t that great & a bit lame considering the predicament, but the map’s a godsend!

I confess to playing the mini-game for the meteor-shower for a while before skipping & also skipping the slider-puzzle after spending some time on it!

Apart from finding out the fate of some of the crew I didn’t think the story moved on that much in this part but I was curious as to why you as the protagonist was still coolly wandering around after wondering why you hadn’t been attacked yet???? Laughing

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve also arrived at the door. Have the supposed entry device/object in inventory.

I liked the slider puzzle, but skipped the recreate the constellation on the coffin lid puzzle. I also survived the meteor shower without skipping, although the shield has some dings in it. Since finding my companion, I will attribute my skill to its “cat-like” reflexes.

I didn’t skip the puzzles, but I was initially unaware that the two door puzzles had to be matched with the color of their solutions. Dumb!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The slider frustrated me a bit, but I managed to do it the 3rd time through without skipping.  I didn’t have any difficulty with the meteor shower puzzle simply because the warning system shows which ones to aim at first.  I do think sudden arcade sequences like that can be unnerving though.

Yes, I think our protagonist is a bit reckless, stomping in where angels fear to tread.  By the way, her futurist outfit reminds me of screenshots I’ve seen of Ren in Legacy: Dark Shadows.  I suspect that with nanobots taking care of our health, we could all wear tight-fitting outfits and still look good.  Laughing

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Think the biggest problem with the slider is recognizing that there are two open slots, and then mentally figuring out where those empty slots must be. After that it’s pretty much clear sailing.

In a much smaller way it reminds me of the slider puzzle in Black Dahlia. That puzzle was brutal. But, once you realize that there is a space in all four quadrants to tuck away a puzzle piece, it opens up a lot of space for maneuvering. Still a horrible puzzle, but made slightly easier once you figure out that trick.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’ve gotten to the stopping point. I skipped the slider (I finished it the first time I played the game) but completed the asteroid annihilation. It is not hard if you click constantly.

I agree with Sefir that the voice acting could be better but I enjoyed this section. I have some excuse for my poor excavation technique this time as lives may depend on speed!

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Ready and waiting for the new sector However, there was some gameplay in the Temple room that annoys the @#$% out of me. She’s an archaeologist — those people that carefully excavate with tiny brushes and dental tools, so that nothing is damaged — right? And she finds a glowing crystal pyramid, with some seams that look like it will open. Wow! So does she manipulate it? Does she look for a magic key? No. She takes a pickax and smashes it to bits! Oh wait —there’s another one — let’s smash it, too! A big flaw in the otherwise outstanding storyline, IMHO. OK, end of rant.

I have noticed something about the memory device gizmos that hide in plain sight. They are always in a place where a person could actually reach them — not up in the rafters or across the lake. At least it limits the amount of screen where you have to pixel-hunt.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

cluelass - 17 June 2016 12:25 PM

OK, end of rant.

I kind of felt the same way. But I think there are some extenuating factors in her favor. First, she is apparently alone, except for the grubs. Given a choice between breaking something to find an object that might help me get home, or preserving something for antiquity even though it might get me killed, I would definitely opt for the former. Second, this is, among other things, a mining colony. It doesn’t appear that anyone on Mars cared too much about any of the artifacts. Look at the equipment strewn about.

You are absolutely correct. This is not how an archaeologist should act. However, this is a unique set of circumstances doncha think?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top