• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieNDFSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Root Letter (PS4/Vita)

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

(Okay, doesn’t seem like I can post this topic as is, so I’ll first post this as a filler and then edit the first post. At least, I hope this works).

Edit:

Anyone here who’s been keeping an eye on Root Letter? (The title should be [Root] Letter, as in the mathematical sign, but it doesn’t seem this forum supports that sign). The game is the first in Kadokawa Games’ new Kadokawa Game Mystery line and is scheduled to be released next week for PS4 and Vita in Japan. I’d been aware of the game for a long time now, but only allowed myself to get excited about it a couple of days ago when I finally found confirmation the Vita version is playable on the PlayStation TV.

Root Letter is a Japanese command-style adventure, about Takanori, who was once penpals with Aya, a girl from Shimane prefecture when they were both in high school. After a while, the letter exchange stopped, but 15 years later, the protagonist discovers an unopened letter which reveals something rather shocking about his penpal. He decides to travel to Shimane prefecture to discover what happened 15 years ago to his friend. The character design is by Minoboshi, who also made the character designs for Konami’s Love Plus series.

Apparently, a Western release is already planned, though no details about this release are known yet. For those interested though, Kadokawa Games has also added English subtitles for the trailers (you need to switch on closed captions):

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

English release so I’m interested, although not sure what to make of the game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Anything different from other visual novels?
Like Steinsgate or Chaoshead…

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

I recently completed the game, and wrote a full review here. In short: really liked the story and characters, but it’s quite boring as an adventure game (and I say this as someone whose usual adventure diet consists of 90% Japanese command-style adventures).

The game is scheduled for an English release on both PS4/Vita this year by PQube.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am getting this game for the PSVITA - looks like fun!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top