• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kings Quest 6—unwinnable situation at end re: Jollo?

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

Howdy.

Got to the very end of KQ6, in room at top of stairs with Cassima and Vizier and the genie keeps killing me.  Looked at walkthroughs and the only ending I’m seeing involves Jollo coming up the stairs with the “actual” genie lamp that you are supposed to use to win the game. 

Problem is I never “befriended” Jollo earlier in the game, I guess.  So he’s not coming to the rescue now.  Is there another way to beat the vizier/genie in this moment?

This link seems to suggest that the game is winnable with many different outcomes (including if you did not befriend Jollo) but not sure how.  Thanks!
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Misc/Trivia/KQ6Endings.html

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The other solution is to get the genie “drunk” by giving him the peppermint from the Island of the Winged Ones.

Now, if you didn’t get that (because it’s hidden in a cave that’s super easy to miss)... Well, in that case, Roberta Williams has a message for you:

(Yeah, if you didn’t either befriend Jollo and give him the correct lamp, or find the peppermint, you’ve walked right into a dead-end. Sorry.)

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

Haha, thanks.  Worked like a charm! 

Unfortunately now there’s a new issue.  At the very end (wedding) when Alexander is kissing Cassima, the guard dogs interrupt, and she starts making out with them.  I can’t get her to stop, and when I try to talk to Jollo to ask for his help he just ignores me, presumably because I neglected to befriend him earlier in the game.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Tongue Crazy  Tongue

Image Attachments

rfmirBg.png

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

CaptainRottingham - 27 April 2016 06:35 PM

Unfortunately now there’s a new issue.  At the very end (wedding) when Alexander is kissing Cassima, the guard dogs interrupt, and she starts making out with them.

I’d have liked to see that ending.
Are you messing with us or is it some sort of Easter Egg?

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

wow. Now I need to replay this game.  This sounds interesting to try.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

crabapple - 28 April 2016 11:55 AM

I’d have liked to see that ending.
Are you messing with us or is it some sort of Easter Egg?

mbday630 - 28 April 2016 12:17 PM

wow. Now I need to replay this game.  This sounds interesting to try.

Your BS detector is broken. Wink

Was Advie’s reply not clear enough? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

And then, as if the dogs weren’t enough, Jollo joins in the Cassima action with no regard whatsoever for Alexander’s feelings, and then Mel Brooks jumps out with a megaphone and yells, “GANG BANG!”

What a game..

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top