• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2010-04-14

PM

Well I’ve played at least part way through “Witch Hunters:Stolen Beauty” and have gotten stuck. Tried the wrong object on a lock and the object has disappeared. Now I can’t use where It needs to be.

The game is long and HOS different, very interactive. The graphics were very realistic and pleasant to look at. Quite a variety of puzzle, mostly rational and often you get to keep some tools and use again. You earn extra powers from the residents. Unfortunately I kept forgetting to use them, so it took longer to get anywhere. And you do need your walking shoes as almost every object picked up needs to be used at the other end of the place. No map with quick transportation.

I liked the game, what I managed to play, but not enough to start over again in order to get past my mistake near the end.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m not sure If I have played the game. I’ll look.

Also, you might get better respose, as well as connecting with more people than migh have played the game, if you post this on the Casual Games thread.

Tim

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I didn’t encounter that glitch when I played this game. Ouch! I feel your pain—I hate it when the essential inventory item disappears and you’re looking at replaying.  Cry

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

sarahandus - 02 March 2016 07:45 AM

Well I’ve played at least part way through “Witch Hunters:Stolen Beauty” and have gotten stuck. Tried the wrong object on a lock and the object has disappeared. Now I can’t use where It needs to be.

I quickly played 60 minutes of demo. Nothing untoward happened. Although your description, “Tried the wrong object on a lock…,” isn’t very specific, so it’s hard to tell if I sailed past the problem by putting the right object on a lock.

I will say that the game seems interesting, and I like the story. But the mechanics aren’t all that appealing. You’re right about the amount of mapless walking that is required. There also seems to be a brief “lag” on my system. That is you arrive at a location and are trying to do something, but can’t, and then four seconds later a cinematic loads. And when the cut-scene is finished, there is another two or three second lag before you can perform any action. When I say the game doesn’t seem very “fluid” I hope you will understand what I mean. To me, it’s like we are playing the last version of the game before it “went Gold.” That is, there were still a few programming odds and ends to clean up before the game was released. But either time or money ran out so they released it as-is. And your glitch was one of the things that went uncorrected. Too bad. My observations, plus your confirmation of problems will definitely keep this off my buy list. So thank you for that. And I’m also sorry for your problem.

Unfortunately when you play a game genre that (currently) doesn’t allow for saving games, there is always a possibility of this happening. And I echo Becky’s thought that it is a real pain in the butt when it does.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Oooo - too bad, sarahandus.  I’ve had something similar happen in a different game and had no choice but to start over as a new player.  If you didn’t like the game, though, I can see why you don’t want to.

I’d certainly like to see saved games implemented too.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2010-04-14

PM

rtrooney; I was nearly finished with the game when the problem happened. And as one who is prone to try everything on everything this was the first time that the object didn’t just dribble back down to the bottom.
So don’t try the pearl on the snake. This was another case of forgetting about those powers.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top