• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Deponia Doomsday

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zane - 25 February 2016 03:26 PM
Karlok - 25 February 2016 01:13 PM

On 18 February. Daedalic said on Facebook: “There will be no Deponia 4.”  Weird.

well technically there is no deponia 2, or deponia 3.
Theres: chaos on deponia, goodbye deponia, and now deponia doomsday.

True. But I think Daedalic just said that because most people had already guessed that the “Doomsday” announcement would be a new Deponia game and they felt they should deny it based on a technicality.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

they were having fun with it to be sure.
After the third game i assumed that would probably be the end (even though it really wasnt a final ending at all, with questions unanswered). It just seemed like daedalic was ready to move on. Im glad thats not the case.. because i have no doubt these games will continue to be fun.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

More than happy with this announcement. As long as the price is right of course.I am happy to wait for the inevitable steam discounts if they get too greedy.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I only just completed “Goodbye” this week, and was pretty appalled by the ending. Maybe this game will correct it Tongue

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

I couldn’t finish the first one, the pigeon puzzle broke me. Confused Finally caved in, and looked up a walkthrough, but shortly after that I lost interest in the game for some reason. The constant blabbering didn’t help, that’s for sure.
Nonetheless, happy for the fans, it must be exciting. Content

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

the beginning of the game is brilliant.
Rufus wakes up in the same room the way the first game starts… were all three games a strange nightmare??
Grin Grin Grin

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Worse, he is still with Toni! Smile

I’m still early in the game and I don’t know how relevant it will be later, but my advice is to save often. You’ll find out why soon enough. Innocent

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv only played for 40 minutes but i think i can see why already.
Theyr definitely mixing some different ideas into this game while keeping the core in tact. Not sure how i feel about apparent QTE’s but so far its integrated into the puzzles, like closing the door and then having to realize you need to use the pole to keep it closed.. That is certainly a step up from telltale QTEs.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Woah, RPS really let them have it:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/03/deponia-doomsday-review/

I haven’t played it, and don’t think I will in the foreseeable future, so I won’t comment on it, but them’s some preeeeetty harsh words there, even for mr. Walker.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, it’s like the presidential candidates campaigning: They prove again and again that they can hit a new low. Makes me sad and a bit angry to see JW start his review with: What a wretched turd of a game. The previous Deponia trilogy was an unpleasant point-and-click graphic adventure series of almost impressively diminishing returns, that descended ever further into embarrassing, tawdry, sexist and arguably racist crap.

Interesting by the way that in his extremely insulting review JW accuses the developers of being insulting. And racist. Which is bullshit.  Quoting JW: On encountering the very first non-white character in the game, one member of a mixed-race couple moving into a house, Rufus’s only remark is, “Huh, there goes the neighbourhood.” I’m sure it wasn’t meant specifically, but fuck me, how did no one flag it up as a problem?)

Hell, I didn’t even notice the color of the girl’s skin! What does that make me?

People who intend to play Deponia Doomsday some time in the future, should avoid Walker’s review like the plague because it’s riddled with spoilers. I guess spoilers are another way for Mr Walker to show his contempt for the game and its developers. 

I haven’t finished Doomsday yet, but I’m certainly enjoying it.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I didn’t like D2 and D3, but that was mostly because I though they were filler material. Had you cut out the worst things from the two games and combined the good you would have had one solid adventure.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The RPS review is the same as always, not really worth it, but I’m trying to understand why does he say the sentence: “A ghost town is a fairground compared to this place.” is nonsensical? Seems pretty obvious

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Can frequently count on rps to give damning reviews of adventures, particularly if one shows signs of popularity.
Iv played for 4 hours now and its great Grin

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I wasn’t planning to play Deponia as I’m not a fan of the series, mostly because the characters and humour don’t click with me. But after that disgustingly hateful review by Walker I certainly will, at least to support the devs (and, hopefully, enjoy the game).
Oh yeah, and it’s my day!  Cool

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I tent to agree in some parts with the review on RPS. The Deponia series is trully one of the games that have the most absurd puzzles in history. No logic, no sense, inimaginable puzzles. I know this is part of the way the games are intent to be. But I don’t like them. And the humor and jokes are also not very funny in most cases, to my taste. But I will play the game because I’m an adventure gamer and play every single game out there, doesn’t matter if it’s awfull or awesome.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top