• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkchrissieNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Summerbatch - 5 new bundled games

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Adventure Gamers, some new AGS games that may interest you (unless you dislike retro point & click adventures, of course Wink)

AVAILABLE NOW AS “PAY WHAT YOU WANT” UNTIL 11TH NOVEMBER !!

They’re ready! 5 new games from AGS developers are available from Screen 7. It’s our first product, our first commercial venture - and the aim is to help the developers earn from their work, not us. Show your support for their creative skills and buy the batch. We’ll also make sure a worthy charity gets a donation if we reach certain targets.

Please remember you’ll need DirectX 9 to play, Windows XP, Vista or 7, and a stable internet connection to get the download that’s roughly 280mb. It requires about 1.8gb HD space to install the games.

Volume 1 has five games inside:

BARELY FLOATING
A traditional point & click adventure by Stemshock Interactive (led by AJA). Playing time is about 2 to 3 hours.

Somewhere along the east coast of Africa, pirates have attacked a luxury yacht! They have taken a few seemingly wealthy passengers as their hostages, a family and an old man, hoping to collect a hefty ransom for each of them. When the hostage negotiations go awry, the rescue duties land on the weak shoulders of an unlikely hero. Little does he know that the ship’s crew, that stands in his way, is composed of some very weird and silly individuals.

JAILBREAK
A top down stealthy action ‘escape the prison’ game by Virtual Illusion (led by Rocco). Playing time is about 1 hour.

Jailbreak is an action game - an intrigue has brought you to prison, so your goal is to escape and find the evil who brought you in this mess.

NANCY THE HAPPY WHORE
A low-res traditional point & click by Technocrat Games (led by Technocrat). Playing time is about 1 to 2 hours.

Nancy, the titular sex-worker with an unshakeably optimistic attitude, runs out of fuel on her way to the Big City. With the help of her best friend & crack-fiend Susie, she must not only procure the petroleum for her car, but help defeat an armed robbery, a disillusioned amateur hippy and THE PROPHETS themselves to help uncover the evil lurking within - the PERFIDIOUS PETROL STATION!

PATCHWORK
A traditional point & click adventure with high-res hand-drawn art by Ivan Ulyanov (Ilyich). Playing time is about 1 to 2 hours.

After a teleportation experiment goes wrong, a young scientist finds himself, and a good part of his laboratory, in someone else’s house. In a parallel universe.

PISS
Another low res traditional point & click game by Ben Chandler (Ben304). Playing time is about 2-3 hours.

Moira may have forgotten everything else, but she’s not about to forget this. The debt will be collected, even if it kills her… There are, however, those who remember that which she does not, and they’re about to remind her.

More info on all the games can be found on the website. Do you write for a publication? You might want to read our press release!

You can get all these games right now from the Summerbatch website (URL below). Add it to your cart, and then adjust the price you wish to pay by changing the editable field next to the product name*. We use PayPal, you don’t need to sign up if you have a debit or credit card.

From everyone on the team, we hope you enjoy the games, thanks for your support along the way!

http://www.summerbatch.co.uk

NOTE: “Buy as gift” option, trailer and press reviews are coming very soon. Please remember this is also a trial run for everyone involved! Smile

* There’s a minimum price of 50p (10p per game)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

“PAY WHAT YOU WANT” <——Not really true if it’s a minimum price.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Well considering they use paypal, they have to pay 30 cents on every transaction if I’m not mistaken, so having a 50p minimum price is really reasonable…

I’ll definitely check this out (I have a touchpad with AGS running on it, the best gaming console for someone like me :-))...

I remember there was a bake sale for AGS that I missed, anyone knows how to get those games?

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Thanks giom! It seems that in a couple of months time, the AGS Bake sale games will be given back to their authors who will then undoubtedly put them up as freeware.

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

And cheers to everyone who has bought a copy and helped the devs of such reassuring titles as Nancy the Happy Whore earn and your help towards a charity contribution already at £100. And to Mr Allin for plugging the thing on the Adventure Gamers website Smile

Here’s a few free copies as thanks, when they’re gone they’re gone! Just enter a code below in the discount box in the cart then update* at http://www.summerbatch.co.uk

[s]cVW3M0QMb
yYmjIqTpZ
0bESq08yK[/s] (they’ve all been used)

* For a free copy, please do not alter the original 3.00 price!

Thanks again for your support towards our humbie indle bumble.

Image Attachments

ThankYou.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Thanks m0ds for the free games!
I took the 2nd code the first is already gone

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I just finished The PISS. Really great game, it’s well worth getting the bundle just for this game…
Now I really want a sequel (the ending is a bit of a cliffhanger)

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

So, I finally paid attention to Summerbatch 2012, what it really deserves. Better late than never I suppose.
I recently completed PISS, Barely Floating and Patchwork - liked them all a lot. Nancy is still to do.

But Jailbreak by Virtual Illusion is nowhere to be found. Is it free too by now? I can’t seem to find it anywhere so can anyone give a suggestion?
Or for those who have played it - should I bother at all?

Is there another Summer(?)batch coming?

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

giom - 18 August 2012 11:09 AM

I just finished The PISS. Really great game, it’s well worth getting the bundle just for this game…
Now I really want a sequel (the ending is a bit of a cliffhanger)

I know what you mean, but for me it was a perfect ending. Smile It was a surprising, I have to say - I was thinking “what!? the game goes on? how long is it? oh, ok”. But the way it ended was fulfilling. The quest got done, milestone in her life reached, circle completed.
I’m happy without sequel. If the next part would see the light of day, I would play it of course. But I hope in that case it would take some other serious topics and philosophical routes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top