• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DinahPence

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Adventure’s Trees

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Lady Kestrel - 27 August 2015 04:34 PM

This looks like a treemendous quiz, Gabe.  Don’t let anyone needle you about it.  Wink

Well I intended to make an accessible quiz this time and turns out quite a try on.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Hmm.  I’m confused about the rules, Gabe.  I held off sending you a PM because I wanted to find as many as I could first, but now I see that several pics I guessed correctly weren’t counted and that you’ve posted the answers already. 

It seems that this is a hybrid quiz, a cross between a PM quiz and one where we guess the answers in the thread.  I just wish you had stated that in your first post.  Can you tell when I should submit the next set of answers or is it just first come, first scored?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Rules are as first stated:
Guesses by PM,
only one guess for the same pic in one PM,
limit to 3 guesses per day.

As for points first right answer takes 10,second 5 and third 1.Limited to guesses per day coz calculating points due daily sending order and give some time for new comers.
You can start sending 3 new guesses everday after 5 pm or i can continue on from your list but your answers evaluate after daily answers.Means you may loose points.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Gabe—is that 5:00 PM forum time? If so, I accidentally sent my second set of answers 9 minutes early.  Tongue

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Gabe - 28 August 2015 01:42 PM

Guesses by PM,

Ah.  I took that to mean only 3 guesses for the same picture in one day.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Gabe - 28 August 2015 01:42 PM

Guesses by PM,

As for points first right answer takes 10,second 5 and third 1.Limited to guesses per day coz calculating points due daily sending order and give some time for new comers.
You can start sending 3 new guesses everday after 5 pm or i can continue on from your list but your answers evaluate after daily answers.Means you may loose points.

Dear Gabe, you have presented a very nice quiz but presented in a way that annoys the participants! You’ve changed the title - personally I liked Adventure’s Trees better but it’s your call but aside from that I quite like your pointing system but it would have been good to have been clarified on the 1st page along with times of posting to start with!
Also mentioning that you weren’t going to reply to PMs would have been a nice touch! The other thing re your pointing system - does that mean that the 4th person to guess a game gets nothing?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t understand the rules, so I sent you three guesses and I’ll just wait and see.

EDIT: I noticed you post the correct answers even when only one or two people have guessed the pics in question. So you’re either rewarding people who happen to get the pic right on the same day, or you’re punishing people who knew the answer but sent in three different pics.

Cool! Cool

You’re the quizmaster, you decide the rules.  Thumbs Up

PS: I still have this quiz I never posted. It might become the first quiz with NO RULES! Smile

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

chrissie - 28 August 2015 02:40 PM

Also mentioning that you weren’t going to reply to PMs would have been a nice touch! The other thing re your pointing system - does that mean that the 4th person to guess a game gets nothing?

PM

Karlok - 28 August 2015 03:33 PM

EDIT: I noticed you post the correct answers even when only one or two people have guessed the pics in question.

Yes coz the day is end.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

You’ve got a hell of an attitude Gabe & I’ve had enough of this nonsense - you can shove the rest of your trees up to a place the sun don’t shine.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Aha, I get it now. It’s like a raffle. Everyday you pick a few winners from a tombola. Hehe…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe ma friend, you are a mess with quizzes,  almost like me Sarcastic

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wow, what a punny first page. Grin

Over 50 trees to guess, yew made a pretty larch quiz. I’ll try to guess alder trees that I can… Tongue

I wasn’t really sure about the rules either, you could have been a bit clearer in the first post. Like Lady Kestrel, I thought we could guess once per PM for each picture, with a limit of 3 guesses for the same picture per day…
I can only suggest for future quizzes that there’s no need to reinvent the concept each time - keep it simple and use a tried formula, it’s easier for everyone, imo. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Thank you for the quiz, Gabe!

So the winner is calculated in realtime, not in rounds?
If a PM arrives a minute earlier, that’s the first one? 

If I send you a new list, will you evaluate that in its new order?
Will you skip games that have already been guessed in the days before and use the next guess further down the list?

I’ll be on vacation and have to prepare my guesses now.
If they are skipped it’s still a lottery, but with better chances at winning than pretty much all guesses counting as duds later in the game, because they have already been guessed the days before.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Gabe - 27 August 2015 12:18 PM

45: Syberia 2

Really…?

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I see people complain about the rules of this quiz (no comment), and I remembered this:

Sheesh, you people can really suck the fun out of a quiz. Are you competing for more than just bragging rights? Are you being cheated out of prize money or something? Does your life depend on your final position?

[Certain person]’s quiz, [certain person]’s rules. Don’t like them? Then frankly, STFU & GTFO. Leave the quiz to those who appreciate the effort the quiz master put in, and to those who participate because these are fun…

It’s funny, but the same (quoted) person didn’t react so harsh this time. I wonder why.
Double standards? Your guess is as good as mine.

P.S. I’m VERY glad I didn’t take part in this quiz, otherwise I’d go berserk.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top