• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Switching inventory items between playable characters

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i can see (imo) that this mechanism is sorta needing a new dynamic that could take it into a new/up-to-date era.

games like TBouT (especially part2) could use a little boost to give the player more freedom when trying to find out the correct matching inventory-item with the screen objects, ‘combination’, instead of switching an item (or even all) between the playable characters, to find which of them is the one able to use it, ‘around’.

i played one new game a while ago called The Apotheosis Project, that had have given me hell while fiddling around with this mechanism, i think it was overdone and very tiring.

i think there could a way that all inventory items are available to both/all characters, by maybe making them visible for each of any (maybe like using AVS inventory ‘fetching’ style for the other character’s inventory items), or just by when using/playing with any of them (the characters) while making an inventory ‘action’, simply summons the other (who is able to use it) if a correct/important ‘match’ have been made.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

DOTT solved that problem over 20 years ago. I don’t know why some games feel the need to make this more cumbersome than it should be.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 August 2015 07:14 AM

DOTT solved that problem over 20 years ago. I don’t know why some games feel the need to make this more cumbersome than it should be.

Touché!
if not needed not accepted/given , also able to switch items to another,  without moving an inch or at at least without having to see him/her.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

agreed its one of the many reasons I think the game resonance is highly overrated, that and I only like 2 of the 4 characters at all.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

aauh resonance! !,  how come ididnt bring/think-of this when posting this thread.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

yeah and while I like the whole short term memory and long term memory device in resonance, the way the developers implemented it was way too gimicky

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top