• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 22 April 2015

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

‘LET’S WORK TOGETHER’ - Week Special

One reason Resonance is in my Top 25 is that the four protagonists each have unique skills and/or access to specific locations. I remember the command “follow me” from text adventures, but AFAIK Resonance is the only graphic adventure where you can ask one, two or three individuals to keep you company and then switch between them at will.

In the screenshot Ed, Anna, Bennet and Ray are at the start of a great puzzle where you need to switch between all four protagonists to get them to the end of the tunnel.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Resonance was great. Wonderful puzzles and good plot (though I kinda figured out the “twists”). Doesn’t still beat Blackwell games in my book, those just have more soul (for the lack of a better word).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

One of my top 10 favourites of all time. Perhaps it was the storyline (from what I read I must have been the only one who didn’t see the twist until it was almost in front of my face). Perhaps it was the great characters and their voice acting (Dt. Bennet most notably IMO). But certainly the fact that it required interaction from different characters, each if them with their own unique personality and character traits made it stand above the rest of the similar AGs with co-op techniques.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I absolutely loved Resonance. Without a doubt my favourite Wadjet Eye game. Great story and puzzles.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I didn’t see the twist coming, and I really don’t believe that many people did. There were subtle hints something was wrong, but no indication of what was about to happen when everybody reached the vault.

Resonance is my favorite Wadjet Eye game too, with Gemini Rue in second place.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Just a little clarification: XII Games is the developer of Resonance not Wadjet Eye. Wadjet is “only” the publisher, though Dave Gilbert and Wadjet was more involved in the game than publishers normally are - I believe.

But yeah it is a great game, and I didn’t see the plot twist coming.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Karlok - 23 April 2015 09:49 AM

I didn’t see the twist coming, and I really don’t believe that many people did. There were subtle hints something was wrong, but no indication of what was about to happen when everybody reached the vault.

I agree that pretty much no one probably figured out everything but even without thinking about it too much I was extremely wary of Ed, I felt he was going to blow up and I didn’t want to hand the gun over to him. I wasn’t the least bit surprised that he ended up shooting somebody. I hadn’t really built any conspiracy theory of his involvement since the beginning though, all the hints just made him feel very much… off.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Resonance is also amongst my top 20 games - I really liked the way you could juggle the main characters using their abilities & it’s one of the few games I can think of where I enjoyed just about every stand-alone puzzle I came across especially the infamous wiring puzzle, but I did also think that the ‘super-collider’ puzzle was brilliant & I never saw the twist coming later!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Iznogood - 23 April 2015 10:04 AM

Just a little clarification: XII Games is the developer of Resonance not Wadjet Eye. Wadjet is “only” the publisher, though Dave Gilbert and Wadjet was more involved in the game than publishers normally are - I believe.

Yeah, Vince Twelve basically structured the game alone, but he collaborated with Wadjet eye on the development in the end. Both Dave Gilbert and his wife helped finish it (the wife being the only person who ever worked full time on the project) so I guess it’s safe to say they were more than “only” the publisher.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top