• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gabriel Knight 20th for an iPad

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

That’s good news, this game would be great on the ipad!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Mikekelly - 12 March 2015 07:18 PM

I’d love to play GK 20th on an ipad myself.

Heart

Mikekelly - 16 March 2015 07:01 AM

Amazing - I so want this game. Thanks for sharing!

Heart Eyes

Mikekelly - 14 June 2015 08:32 AM

That’s good news, this game would be great on the ipad!

Heart

At least you’re consistent, I guess.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Hey folks! TO confirm, we have been hard at work on the mobile ports of Gabriel Knight and I am happy to say that we are very close to an announcement about that. Smile

To clear up some other confusion about our mobile ports: yes, obviously, they have not come out as quickly as we (or you!) would like them to. Largely this is because we were busy making first Moebius and then Gabriel Knight PC/Mac, and there’s only so much time in a day. There is indeed a LOT of fine-tuning needed for making these ports, even using Unity. We actually got quite lucky that a few months ago, Apple up’d the size limit on iPad games, because we were going to have a hell of a time trying to get GK in under the previous limit. We’ve also upgraded our Unity version recently, which involved some trouble-shooting and adjustments on its own.

So, GK mobile has been our focus the last several months to work out a lot of these issues, bugs, and details. After that, we’re going to working on the other outstanding ports we have lined up.

I appreciate everyone’s patience—and eagerness to see the mobile ports!

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I appreciate everyone’s patience—and eagerness to see the mobile ports!

Well…..............I am glad to hear that my posts are consistent   Meh

But - the bottom line is I loved the first GK game and I am really looking forward to this one.

Somehow, I feel the touch screen interface will be perfect for this game and make it well worth the wait.

I’d also love to see “MOEBIUS:EMPIRE RISING” on ios as well.

I’ve waited patiently for the GK game on ios and I’m glad to hear that my wait won’t be too much longer.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Just announced, GK will release for iPad and Android tablets on July 23: http://www.postudios.com/blog/?p=6168

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Thanks for the info!

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

It’s unfortunate a legendary title like GK forced out in another diminution act.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It’s unfortunate a legendary title like GK forced out in another diminution act.

Ya know, I’ve got about 50 PC conversions on my ipad and all of them are true to their PC origins, that is, not cut down or diluted in any way.

Most like “The Longest Journey” have HD graphics and a touch screen interface as the only changes.

Finally, I got GK 1 for the ipad and, it’s very good. I also have the game on the PC - yep love this game that much and the ipad version has not been diminished in any way.

Wink

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

A lot of old games that have been released on portable devices are exactly just as they were on their original platforms. For an example GTA 3 or Final Fantasy games are just as their counterparts they were translated from. I’ve noticed that a lot of people who look down on modern mobile games really haven’t tried anything else than some money grab freemium games and base all their assumptions on those.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Nice exampless.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Now moebius an gabriel knight have been released (gk even for the ipad), does anyone know what will be next for jane jensen/pinkerton road?
As a kickstarter backer, i was happy with the output, but i’m a bit confused why their future is so vague. I guess the games didn’t sell that great (steamspy indicates moebius sold roughly 9k whereas gk1 sold 14k)
Does anyone have any info? Their website is not helpful here.
Would love to see a new kickstarter for a new game….
As long as it doesnt involve her homoerotic fiction Wink

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

steamspy indicates moebius sold roughly 9k whereas gk1 sold 14k

Those are not stellar sales. let’s hope the GK1 on ios helps them with sales and we see something new from them then.

Heart

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I don’t think Jane Jensen will be doing KS any time soon. I understood from her comments that it wasn’t a pleasant experience for her.

I think Moebius is pretty much doomed now, but I think GK might have a better road ahead with other platforms. Google Play says it has been already installed 1000-5000 times (though how many people have actually purchased the additional days is a question mark) and I’d suppose iPad could be moving better as well. And at GOG GK seems to have sold significantly better than Moebius.

So not actually having any numbers, I’d assume Moebius might have sold to date anywhere from 10k-20k copies and GK might even be at 30k.  But it also has to be kept in mind that both games have already been sold in discounts, so neither has propably done huge amounts of money and I can easily see Activision being disappointed at GK sales. And what I remember hearing about Moebius that hasn’t been a mint either.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Möbius is going to come out on the iPad, so I hope it sees some significant sales on the platform. My fingers are crossed. I’ve heard so much about this game that I am looks no forward to playing it.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Mikekelly - 02 August 2015 12:46 PM

Möbius is going to come out on the iPad, so I hope it sees some significant sales on the platform. My fingers are crossed. I’ve heard so much about this game that I am looks no forward to playing it.

Save your money; it’s awful.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top