• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Captain Rottingham: “If you were half the man I am…”
Guybrush: “What the hell are you talking about? I AM half the man that you are, tubby!”

“Holy crap, those dogface halloween masks are awesome, guys! Now I wish I hadn’t donned this stupid headbarrel…”

The result of the wish-granting hand made them realize that one of the Gay Pirate Quartet was in fact not gay.

Why the Arm Wrestling Foundation is being accused of fixing unfair fights…

Nelly: “Isn’t that cannon a bit excessive? That’s just a cupboard, not a safe, that we want opened.”

“What the??? I leave you alone on the ship for five seconds and THIS happens??? How’d you even wreck things that fast??? Your father is going to be pissed when he sees this.”

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5836

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 30 July 2015 11:42 AM

Caption Contest #47: Avast, me hearties!

Genie: “As you have been rubbing my lamp your 3 wishes are my command oh master but are you sure you want me to make your mates disappear for no more than just 5 minutes?”

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

“You fight like a Morris Dancer with that sword”....

“Oh, pull the other one, it’s got bells on”....

“Great idea! - let’s dance instead!”

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Heheheheh lots of funny captions already

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Clara DeSilver: Ladies .. LADIES! Please listen
I .. I don’t know who it could possibly be, but .. I think we have a SPY in our midsts!

Bill was beginning to doubt his decision to open shop on Cutthroat Island. With a clientèle consisting almost entirely of pirates, mutineers, cutthroats, scum, scoundrels and people of low moral fibre, you newer knew what could happen.
But with his new state of the art surveillance system and a loaded cannon pointing straight at the door, he at least believed he had taken care of the shoplifting problem.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Rottingham: Don’t you think this Insult Sword Fighting™ is getting a bit silly?
Guybrush: HA! I always knew under the wig there is nothing but a big sissy!

Rottingham: No, seriously, the insults, perhaps we should stop and fight for real.
Guybrush: The might of my assaults will surely make you drop take flight and squeal.

Rottingham: *sigh* Fine - You look like a elephantiasis plagued gargantuan hippopotamus!
Guybrush: ...

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

ARRRR Shipmates! Another Caption Contest on the horizon, hard a port me hearties!

As he span round once again he had to admit that, for all their failings, the crew played a mean game of “statues”.

(I was going to say “Grandmother’s Footsteps” but wasn’t sure if that would translate internationally).

“Come be an extra in an adventure game” they said. “The only genre with realistically portrayed women” they said. I’ll never be able to explain this to the wife!

Sunny: “Yes, I get that, but what do I stand to gain from a game of strip arm-wrestling with you?”

As he saw Nelly eying up the entrance to his secret room just along the balcony, the old man slowly reached back for his gun.

Girl: “That is not what I meant when I asked you to take down the sails!”

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Boy: I warned you I get seasick on bigger boats!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

There was an awkward silence when the storekeeper farted…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Guybrush: There’s something I ought to tell you - I am not left-handed! (changes hands)
Rottingham: There’s something I ought to tell you, too: I have a gun in my right hand.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Intense Degree - 31 July 2015 10:01 AM

As he span round once again he had to admit that, for all their failings, the crew played a mean game of “statues”.

(I was going to say “Grandmother’s Footsteps” but wasn’t sure if that would translate internationally).

Do you mean this game?

Note: that vid links to an amazing scene from the movie The Orphanage. Those kids are ghosts, btw, and in context the scene was terrifying beyond belief!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The very resourceful Orazio had to think very quickly when he realised he’d entered the set of Jolly Rover instead of that of A Cat’s Night…..

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Har Har Har! Those fools, do they really think that death is enough to stop LeChuck!
The ancient ritual of the Flaming Monkey Hand always brings me back to life, stronger better and more fierce each time!
WAIT! .. Something is not right .. My BEARD .. My beautiful beard, it’s goooneeeee.

Grunt couldn’t quite fathom what had just happened, but he knew that if he lost for the third time in a row to this little girl, he would never be able to show his face at the Scumm Bar again!

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Guybrush: Erh! Elaine .. snugglepuss, I know the ship was brand new and everything, but it really wasn’t my fault, I was just training with my sword when suddenly, out of nowhere LeChuck ..

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

When Zobraks returned to his favo(u)rite ‘place’ was welcomed with a unique kinda celebration

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top