• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R16 Bracket 2 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

blade runner

Full throttle

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 January 2015 06:15 AM

M2 - Day of the Tentacle

You should be ashamed of your words and deeds Smile
Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 19 January 2015 12:14 PM
wilco - 19 January 2015 06:15 AM

M2 - Day of the Tentacle

You should be ashamed of your words and deeds Smile
Tongue

You’ll see when the remake gets released Smile

About Match 1, I’m trying to play Blade Runner before voting, I have a feeling I’ll like it

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

M1: Blade Runner  
M2: Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

1—The Longest Journey
2—Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

1. Blade Runner

2. DOTT

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

chrissie - 19 January 2015 09:33 AM

I haven’t played either of the games in M2!

Hi Chrissie…you have not played Day of the tentacle? You should try it sometime, it is great fun.

I guess in the same way in which I should try to play The Longest Journey someday.

M2 - Day Of The Tentacle.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I think I still have Blade Runner on cd’s somewhere, but last time I checked it wasn’t playable on Windows 7/8 and it’s not supported by ScummVM or Dosbox.

So is there any way to play this game decently on a modern computer?

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

1) The Longest Journey

(Sorry, Blade Runner, I would have been willing to vote for you over the also good Dreamfall last round—apparently I didn’t get around to voting in that bracket—but TLJ is a different story. Still, I promise I love you, too.)

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

Blade Runner

Day Of The Tentacle

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

subbi - 20 January 2015 02:35 AM

I think I still have Blade Runner on cd’s somewhere, but last time I checked it wasn’t playable on Windows 7/8 and it’s not supported by ScummVM or Dosbox.

I think this is entering Virtual Machine / VirtualBox territory - creating and running a virtual computer that uses Win98 as its OS to play the game…

For me, that’s the “last resort” option, when no amount of compatibility modes, patches, installers, ScummVM or DosBox can help…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 20 January 2015 06:36 AM
subbi - 20 January 2015 02:35 AM

I think this is entering Virtual Machine / VirtualBox territory - creating and running a virtual computer that uses Win98 as its OS to play the game…

For me, that’s the “last resort” option, when no amount of compatibility modes, patches, installers, ScummVM or DosBox can help…

I installed Blade Runner yesterday (Window 7 - 64bit) using this guide and the installer that is linked. Works great

http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2014/03/05/blade-runner/

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Great, I’ll try that.

I really don’t want to get into the flow of installing virtual machines to get an actual Windows 95/98 OS in place…...Sounds way to techy for me Laughing

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have to say that I am confused now

We have a game that up until now pretty much lived a life in total oblivion on this forum without any mention or talk about, except a few words from Advie here end there. A game which I only personally heard of quite recently, and a game which I will bet that more than half the members on this forum haven’t played.

Against what was one of the biggest favourites going into the tournament.
Perhaps not everybody’s cup of tee, but still a game that is widely considered to be one of the best adventure games ever made (2nd on the AG top 100 list), and with a very large and dedicated fan-base (just check the RTG forum).

Yet they are neck by neck against each other in this competition

Either Blade Runner is a hidden gem like no other hidden gem in the history of hidden gems, and has to be considered a serious contender for winning the whole thing, OR there are simply too many people on this forum that hates TLJ for various reasons. Unfortunately I think that it is the latter that is the case.

Either way, even if TLJ manages to pull ahead and win in the end, then it still has to be considered the biggest surprise in this tournament so far.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Weird I know Smile

I don’t consider Blade Runner anything special and I liked it just slightly better than TLJ. For me this is the weakest matchup of this round.

edit: Regarding voting for games you haven’t played, for me it’s quite similar to voting in presidential elections for candidate that was never elected before. You can only judge by the promises they give (= reviews you read, opinion of other members) and in the cases when the incumbent president is running again, you can even vote “against him”, by giving your vote to the other candidate (= voting for the game you haven’t played instead the one you did but dind’t like it). Of course you can always abstain, but all of these options are completely legitimate to me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top