• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jatsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

technobabylon?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Uh, that is a long way (yet), really looking forward for this one!!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That is too long!

It’s also up for pre-order on gog this time:
http://www.gog.com/game/technobabylon_deluxe_edition

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

I’m also looking forward to giving Technobabylon a try. Looks promising enough to distract me from Hearthstone, Warmachine, and Pillars of Eternity.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

Interested in this as well, looks good and it seems like the story will be interesting.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve played a bit of the recently-released demo (just until I got out of the first room; I didn’t want to spoil more). I liked how you had to switch between the real and virtual world to solve puzzles; it felt clever and it could have a lot of potential—and anything that reminds me of Beneath a Steel Sky’s LINCspace is a winner in my book.

I’m guess I’m sold!

(Also, that T.H.E. jingle might be stuck in my head forever now. Thanks for nothing.)

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Playing the demo now…

http://technobabylon-game.com/demo/

...so far it’s great! I’m a little lost in fooling virtual chefs and technobabble, but so far so great. Feels like a Beneath A Steel Sky sequel, which is great.

Edit: I just said it was great three times. Must be good, huh?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

thats cruel wadget eye! Im going to be too busy with the witcher 3 by the time this comes out.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

My tolerance for “adventure game bullsh*t” has taken a huge nose-dive recently. I didn’t even finish Grim Fandango Remastered (one day), so it was a relief when I played the Technobabylon demo and actually enjoyed it.

I follow Wadjet Eye pretty closely; I think I’ve tried everything they’ve published bar Resonance and A Golden Wake. Surprisingly, I think the most well-rounded game I’ve played of theirs is The Shivah. I walked away from that game completely satisfied, and nothing about it annoyed me or struck me as a waste of potential. Don’t get me wrong—the Blackwell series is probably my favourite overall—but the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. Explaining “how it all works” is never a good idea, especially as a mega-lore dump in the last 30 minutes.

Gemini Rue was extremely cool but had some real ham-fisted writing, and Primordia was super atmospheric but was filled with menial busy work. What I’m trying to say is that often these games come so close to greatness but fall just short. Maybe Technobabylon will nail it? I have high hopes after the demo. It was mostly the puzzle to escape the room that impressed me. The trance stuff was really inventive, fun and clever. I’ve got to admit, I laughed out loud when the guy flew off using a jetpack spewing pink fire with menacing music in the background. Good.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’ve been exited about this game since the AdventureX 2014. I’ll be patient and wait for the full release, I don’t wanna spoil anything by playing the demo, I’m already convinced this is a sure-buy Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

orient - 16 May 2015 11:04 PM

I think the most well-rounded game I’ve played of theirs is The Shivah. I walked away from that game completely satisfied, and nothing about it annoyed me or struck me as a waste of potential.

It’s difficult for a 30-minute game to overstay its welcome, I agree.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Took me over 3 hours, but I’m generally of the opinion that most games are about 1/3 too long anyway, padded out for fear of not being “good value”.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just tried the demo for Technobabylon. I must say that overall I’m very impressed: it feels like it could be overall their best game. Even the voice acting sounds above avarage they usually have.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

tomimt - 18 May 2015 08:51 AM

I just tried the demo for Technobabylon. I must say that overall I’m very impressed: it feels like it could be overall their best game. Even the voice acting sounds above avarage they usually have.

The one thing I didn’t like about the demo was that I was expected to know what wet-ware was and how to use it based on one item description that I probably overlooked or didn’t read attentively enough. It never occurred to me to use it on the panel…  I guess I’m not as well-versed in cyberpunk as I thought I was. Also, seemed to me like virusing the anime chef should’ve been enough for her to let go of the recycler controls, so that was a little confusing. Other than that, loved the Beneath A Steel Sky / Blade Runner aesthetics and music.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

orient - 16 May 2015 11:04 PM

My tolerance for “adventure game bullsh*t” has taken a huge nose-dive recently. I didn’t even finish Grim Fandango Remastered (one day), so it was a relief when I played the Technobabylon demo and actually enjoyed it.

I follow Wadjet Eye pretty closely; I think I’ve tried everything they’ve published bar Resonance and A Golden Wake. Surprisingly, I think the most well-rounded game I’ve played of theirs is The Shivah. I walked away from that game completely satisfied, and nothing about it annoyed me or struck me as a waste of potential. Don’t get me wrong—the Blackwell series is probably my favourite overall—but the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. Explaining “how it all works” is never a good idea, especially as a mega-lore dump in the last 30 minutes.

Gemini Rue was extremely cool but had some real ham-fisted writing, and Primordia was super atmospheric but was filled with menial busy work. What I’m trying to say is that often these games come so close to greatness but fall just short. Maybe Technobabylon will nail it? I have high hopes after the demo. It was mostly the puzzle to escape the room that impressed me. The trance stuff was really inventive, fun and clever. I’ve got to admit, I laughed out loud when the guy flew off using a jetpack spewing pink fire with menacing music in the background. Good.

why haven’t you tried resonance? it’s often considered their best work.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top