• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SefirVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Age Act 2 Discussion

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

fov - 02 December 2014 01:31 PM

When I spoke to Tim last December (before the first act released), he was already planning to make Act 2 more difficult than Act 1. (See here, near the bottom of the page.) And harder usually means longer playtime…

Yep - I’ve followed the updates reasonably closely and have watched all the documentaries. I’m sure I’ve never heard anything that said it would be shorter. Indeed, longer always seemed likely, if not only for the reason fov says.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not surprising about the delay, lack of news was making it evident
What baffles me is that when they announced the game would be split they said the 2nd part would be released “a few months down the road”. Either they were lying or they have no idea of schedules or a plan…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

2015 works for me - better than no release - I can’t wait for the game - loved part 1.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 03 December 2014 02:07 AM

Not surprising about the delay, lack of news was making it evident
What baffles me is that when they announced the game would be split they said the 2nd part would be released “a few months down the road”. Either they were lying or they have no idea of schedules or a plan…

Yes, and at some point they said they had to make the second part from scratch. Very strange.

It’s like being head over heels in love. Everything the loved one does is fascinating. And then reality sets in. Dirty underwear everywhere, hairs clogging the shower drain, broken promises, flirtations, little white lies, always needing more money. It was a lovely affair. The Kickstarter and the documentary were so much fun, but I took off my rose-colored glasses some time ago. It’s kind of sad that I feel indifferent now. Still, I wish Tim Schafer and DF well.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, it is pretty amaazing all in all, how much the time table has expanded with this. I’m not putting down the amount of work that goes into producing a game, but there’s already games out there that were not only funded after BA was, but that were also over funded, and also far more complex in structure (like Wasteland 2 or Divinity, which bot do had it a bit easier on the animation and art department, but which both do contain much more story, reactivity etc. Even Broken Sword 5 was expanded because of more funds they got)

Though I guess it does shine through that Schafer really didn’t have an inkling of an idea, just as he said, when he entered his own pitch. He was and still is just winging it. Had he had a more of a concrete idea I do think the game would be fully out already.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-01-30

PM

fov - 02 December 2014 01:31 PM

Source?

When I spoke to Tim last December (before the first act released), he was already planning to make Act 2 more difficult than Act 1. (See here, near the bottom of the page.) And harder usually means longer playtime…

I guess he’s thinking about this:
http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/9788/P750/#287665

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

10 hours for the second “half” seems a little nutty given the first half was about 3, but I never really trust play time estimations.

No sleep lost on the delay. They’ve been bracing us for this news for months now. I think they’ve already ruined their shot at real commercial success, so now I just hope they make a good game.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Apparently DF is closing in on beta stage: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/16020/

So all in all, the release should be on the first quarter I guess.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

End of first quarter. At best.

Oh well. BoUT2 and Grim before then, at least.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve actually heard “Grim Fandango” on the PS4 and VITA January 27th.

That would hold me over until the next installment of Broken Age handily.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

A.A - 22 December 2014 03:51 AM

End of first quarter. At best.

Oh well. BoUT2 and Grim before then, at least.

Armikrog, too. No trouble keeping busy in the meantime. Still excited to finish off Broken Age, of course.

The delays are more frustrating because of the damage it’s done to the game’s sales and public perception. I wanted this game to be a success and inspire confidence in the genre. Oh well.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

I still have high hopes that it will be a kick-ass part 2 and work out for them financially. I’m like 87% percent sure Nerd

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I have high hopes for act 2 as well. I was a bit disappointed by the first act, mainly because it was too easy and too short (the latter in part due to the former). The music, story, art (I’m not too fond of the paper doll animations, but the backgrounds are beautiful) and voice acting was brilliant, all it lacked was clever puzzles.

As it’s already been stated that act 2 is gonna be significantly longer and more complex, I hope the game as a whole will come together nicely, that it will be a financial success and that it will lead to DoubleFine making more 2D adventure games in the future.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So after, Firewatch, Rapture , IGN showed BrokenAge Act 2 first 12 minutes

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/23/12-minutes-of-broken-age-act-2-on-ps4-ign-first

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Looking more and more like that April 28 date was no fluke.

Too bad there’s no public beta this time around. I get why they had to ax it, since they took money from Nordic and Sony for simultaneous launch but still…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top