• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dark Dreams Don’t Die/D4 (Swery65)

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 May 2015 01:36 AM

For the love of Adventure games buy this season , now priced at 15$ , releasing June 5th.

Check my impressions above, it was my best AG last year along with KZO ep3.

I hope people who aren’t familiar with CraZy Swery, will join his cult after this game.

I’m not sure the mouse will be an adequate replacement for Kinect in this title, but I’ll try to play it anyway.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh, this is good news, will definitely grab this one. It seems no sale is available yet, do they just pop at 5th of June or will there be a possibility for preorder?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Demo is out , freeze your time and take a while to try the Demo,

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Downloading… 10min to go

Edit: Finished it, it’s 15min long, game is crazy as expected, need to see more next week. Catgirl?

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh, should check it out this weekend.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The mouse controls are really easy. I tried gamepad too and it was much much harder and more complex, also less forgiving. So I think the point&click; fans here will rejoice.

The demo itself is rather short but I didn’t scour through all I could anyway, as I already know I want to play this weird game.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

As I feared, I can’t play this game on my current rig. Oh well, next month when AMD announces its new top-line maybe…

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The game is out on Steam and Gog

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Incredibly clunky interface reminds z vision days,plus graphics with a horrible color palette,an absolute pulp.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I agree, interface is terrible, a remain of being originally a title developed for Kinect. Thankfully the QTE are extremely simple.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the episodes, it’s too little and incomplete, I hope SWERY gets to finish this someday (kickstart it or something if Microsoft is not on board).
Story starts to coming together in some ways but clearly the big picture is missing.
Tons of colectibles and hidden stuff

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yea the clunkiness isn’t that bad since it’s really easy.

I haven’t yet bought the full game but will this summer.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I have only played the prologue so far but it’s almost like the interface is making a rather trippy game even weirder.  Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 June 2015 12:03 PM

I finished the episodes, it’s too little and incomplete, I hope SWERY gets to finish this someday (kickstart it or something if Microsoft is not on board).
Story starts to coming together in some ways but clearly the big picture is missing.
Tons of colectibles and hidden stuff

You can go back to your boss from time to time for extra scenes,not to miss.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

To claim that this ended with a cliffhanger is no understatement. It really got the narration from TV-series down to the letter (The Fugitive anyone?). Is the continuation confirmed?

The gameplay is obviously rather limited in these kinds of episodic adventures, but since this game is filled with a huge amount of extra stuff (clothes, hair styles, exploration scores, health bar, mini games ect.) it really does take the format more or less as far as it goes. It does feel a little like a downgrade after playing the extremely epic Deadly Premonition but this is still a fun game.

It feels like the game is stylistically taking its cues from a number of really interesting movies like for example The Salton Sea and A Scanner Darkly (but made with the sensibilities of an anime). Am I the only one who draws these parallels?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top