• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRoseNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Frogwares are doing a game on Lovecraft!

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Awesome! I’m climbing the walls out of excitement over here.  Laughing

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Cautiously optimistic, i hope they do the craftian world justice like Bethesda game.

Good change from Holmes.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Interesting. I’d prefer a comeback from the Darkness Within devs, but Frogwares will do for now.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I hope its a mix of the adventure title ands the Bethesda game. Though I would prefer a more adventure/point and click game even though I loved Darkest Corners so much!

If you love lovecraft, check out the Lovecraft E-Zine. I gave them a heads up about this tip a day or so ago.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve enjoyed playing Frogwares releases in the past and I hope that when this game gets released it is quite fun too.

When I was young the paper and pencil RPG “Call of Cathulu” that was based on Lovecraft and it was a very interesting game.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The pen and paper RPG is great, the boardgame Mansions of Madness is also excellent.

I have never played Darkness Within but being a huge fan of Lovecrafts writing I absolutely loved Shadow Of The Comet, Prisoner Of Ice, Dark Corners Of The Earth and also games with similair themes like the Alone In The Dark/Silent Hill-games. Although the best game in this “genre” is Amnesia: Dark Descent according to me.

Since Testament of Sherlock Holmes was suprisingly good I have really high hopes for this one.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Oh me too!  Anything with a sniff of the Mythos and my interest is piqued,

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Fantastic news! Frogwares is a developer that I have come to respect more with each of their games I play and I’m a sucker for Lovecraftian themed games.

Played the last two Sherlock games on Xbox360 and PS3 and they were pretty polished (and good)games. Good thing that Frogwares seems to continue to release their games for console in addition to PC.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Henke - 21 January 2014 09:55 AM

The pen and paper RPG is great, the boardgame Mansions of Madness is also excellent.

I have never played Darkness Within but being a huge fan of Lovecrafts writing I absolutely loved Shadow Of The Comet, Prisoner Of Ice, Dark Corners Of The Earth and also games with similair themes like the Alone In The Dark/Silent Hill-games. Although the best game in this “genre” is Amnesia: Dark Descent according to me.

Since Testament of Sherlock Holmes was suprisingly good I have really high hopes for this one.

I keep forgetting Amnesia was pretty lovecraftian, though I would classify Penumbra moreso as it was very Mountains of Madnessy. Good selection of games there.

I’m unsure but have you guys played Arkham Horror? One of my favorite board games! Especially since I am a huge fan of the artists for the game.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Monolith - 22 January 2014 10:25 PM

I’m unsure but have you guys played Arkham Horror? One of my favorite board games! Especially since I am a huge fan of the artists for the game.

It’s been a while since I played it but I remember it as rather fun. I prefer Mansions though since it’s much more focused on telling stories.

EDIT: Who’s the artists BTW?

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Henke - 21 January 2014 09:55 AM

If You ever get the chance, I really recommend giving Darkness Within a shot, “In Pursuit of Loath Nolder” is one of my favourite adventures from the past several years (but maybe my expertise is just low). As someone else aptly put it, the game manages a really effective Lovecraftian atmosphere without throwing mythos references at every corner (the sequel is a little less subtle in that regard, but still a worthy, if unfinished really, follow-up). I think You’d enjoy it.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Great news! I think what Frogwares are doing is really impressive, and technically cutting-edge. (On a side note, I really hope Wael and the team are safe amidst all the chaos in Kiev…)

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Lets not forget Frogwares already made a Cthulhu game. Sherlock Holmes Awakening was technically about a cthulhu cult.

Henke - 23 January 2014 03:31 PM
Monolith - 22 January 2014 10:25 PM

It’s been a while since I played it but I remember it as rather fun. I prefer Mansions though since it’s much more focused on telling stories.

EDIT: Who’s the artists BTW?

Henning Ludvigsen, who happened to work on Mansions of Madness. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top