• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jatsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

ADan - 22 June 2012 01:34 PM

Monolith,

the game is NOT available from Daedalic’s own download shop but via a link to Gamesrocket. It might have been available there for download prior to today BUT it states quite clearly there that a STEAM ACTIVATION KEY and ACCOUNT are required.

Now, there seems to have been a major fuckup at Steam so that the game wasn’t even listed before today and subsequently the activation of any downloaded or physical copies was not possible until some time after noon (Central Europe Time) TODAY.

This means anyone who could play the game before today has EITHER a review copy OR is in possession of an illegal download (crack).

If there’s a third possibility that I’m not aware of at the moment, please let me know.

Steam keys can be redeemed even if the game isn’t available on the service yet. If you buy Resonance from Wadjet Eye they’ll give you a Steam key which works now even though the game isn’t on the Steam store. This has been true for other games as well. There were Steam keys given out in various indie bundles for games that worked even though the game didn’t come to Steam until months later.

I don’t know if Steam was accepting those keys before now, but they certainly have done so for other games.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Well, the game has only been available on Steam for a couple of hours now. There was a little bit of drama on the Adventure-treff.de forum because people bought the game at retail but couldn’t then play it because Steam wouldn’t let you, it wasn’t released there. Took some time for Steam to make the game available.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

According to the Chains of Satinov & Daedalic websites the game’s release date is/was today! I find it difficult to believe that it was released earlier without notifying any of the major Adventure sites - from a revenue point of view it just doesn’t make sense!

I’ve got the impression that if anyone wants to buy a boxed copy it’s going to be yet another disc that needs online activation with limited activations. I feel pressurised into buying a download (if I want to play the game) because what can I do with a boxed copy when I don’t want it anymore? -send it to landfill? - that’s great for the environment isn’t it!

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

There are no limited activations with Steam, but yes, you have to activate the game online. And when you want to start the game you have to be online too. There’s an offline mode, but it only ever worked for me when I changed into it when I was still online.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

@ louiedog:

No, the keys did definitely NOT work until this afternoon.

See this (German) thread: http://forum.daedalic.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1379

EDIT: This refers mainly to German boxed copies.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

ozzie - 22 June 2012 01:55 PM

There are no limited activations with Steam, but yes, you have to activate the game online.

Does that apply to the boxed copy too? I bought the boxed copy of The Rockin Dead & was furious to find that I had to set up a Steam account to activate it & activations were limited to 5. There was neither anything in the Ad for the game or on the box itself to state any of this - the only compensation was that it was nearly half the price of the download. I’m finished with the game with 4 activations left but as it’s linked to my Steam account I can’t sell it or give it away so it’s no use to anyone else!!!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

How did I not hear about this game until just a couple days ago?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You didn’t pay attention to the many news posts and previews? (Neither did I, to be honest.)

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

chrissie - 22 June 2012 02:28 PM
ozzie - 22 June 2012 01:55 PM

There are no limited activations with Steam, but yes, you have to activate the game online.

Does that apply to the boxed copy too? I bought the boxed copy of The Rockin Dead & was furious to find that I had to set up a Steam account to activate it & activations were limited to 5. There was neither anything in the Ad for the game or on the box itself to state any of this - the only compensation was that it was nearly half the price of the download. I’m finished with the game with 4 activations left but as it’s linked to my Steam account I can’t sell it or give it away so it’s no use to anyone else!!!

Well, some games come with more than one form of DRM. It’s crazy, I know! But in the case of The Dark Eye you only have to deal with Steam, and that means unlimited activations.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the info ozzie!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Kurufinwe - 22 June 2012 02:49 PM

You didn’t pay attention to the many news posts and previews? (Neither did I, to be honest.)

Apparently not, which is strange because I make a note to read all news articles and reviews on this site.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

about the Game i think i should say after finishing that it is Beautiful, (No Doubt)  but would had been my special cup of tea only if puzzles weren’t that straight forward .... it makes,New Beginning and The Whispered World seem like very Difficult Adventures

that how i would rate Fairly :
Story 5/ 5
Graphics 5/ 5
Animations 3.5/ 5
Voice Acting 4/ 5
Music 5/ 5
Gameplaying 4/ 5

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

Are there 3d models in this game or fully 2d adventure?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

JBS - 22 June 2012 11:33 PM

Are there 3d models in this game or fully 2d adventure?

amazing 2D
but the graphics are top notch , even better than Daedalic’s previously Praised TWW

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Advie - 22 June 2012 07:14 PM

about the Game i think i should say after finishing that it is Beautiful, (No Doubt)  but would had been my special cup of tea only if puzzles weren’t that straight forward .... it makes,New Beginning and The Whispered World seem like very Difficult Adventures

that how i would rate Fairly :
Story 5/ 5
Graphics 5/ 5
Animations 3.5/ 5
Voice Acting 4/ 5
Music 5/ 5
Gameplaying 4/ 5

I’m always amazed at people who manage to finish an adventure game in one day. Can you tell a bit more about it Advie?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top