• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Vote… Episode 2: Not about the New Year

Poll: The best green is...
Total Votes: 23
Monkey Island 2
Bone: Out from Boneville
King’s Quest 6
Myst

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This is a very serious voting, people! Nerd It’s time to once and for all determine the age old question - Which AG has the most, uh, bestest… green?

- Say what?!

Oh, you know, green is like the coolest of colors… Christmas tree, green fields, hills, frogs, spit… Uh, ok, I’ll stop here.

1. Monkey Island 2

Spitting contest on a lovely coastal lawn… it doesn’t get any more green than that!

2. Bone: Out from Boneville

Green is the river bank, and green is the dress Tongue

3. King’s Quest 6

There are even more greener scenes in KQ6, but I prefer this scene - palms, grass… and a greenish mountain top!

4. Myst

The most famous green water of them all? Tongue

Just missing the cut - lovely greenish industrial waste in Day of the Tentacle.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I think I’d have chosen Curse of Monkey Island.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/curse-of-monkey-island/screenshots/gameShotId,16342/

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2003-10-18

PM

And pretty much every screen in kyrandia.

I was gonna post this in the “skies” thread too. Kyrandia 1 & 2 have the most beautiful low res graphics.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Monkey Island because that green has the right amount of body fluids

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Keregioz - 30 December 2013 01:21 PM

I was gonna post this in the “skies” thread too.

Yeap, that sky is amazing!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I went with MI2, but that Kyrandia screen shot would have gotten my vote had it been in the poll.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Curse of Monkey Island again! Oh, wait…

Well, in that case:

King’s Quest VI it is!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This ain’t a love song!
I liked the Bone: Out from Boneville green, looks thick and modern Grin

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 30 December 2013 06:39 PM

This ain’t a love song!

or

This is not The Greatest Song in the World, no.
This is just a tribute. Tongue

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Keregioz - 30 December 2013 01:21 PM

Kyrandia 1 & 2 have the most beautiful low res graphics.

Yes! (along with DOTT). For example, if I’d went with Kyrandia 2, this would be my choice:

green is not the dominant one, but really subtle with a nice shade of it.

Speaking of low res green graphics, Tales of Bingwood (which I traditionally play on New Year’s Eve) is a real pixel green-fest Tongue:

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I voted for Bone Out from Boneville, I prefer it over all these lime greens that are hurting my eyes… Confused

Plus this color of darker green is more suitable for Christmas and New Year. Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Boy, did I go wrong with Myst!

Perhaps that’s why they changed the water color in realMyst Grin

But it’s not that the game is without its green motives - perhaps I should have went with the temple or the forest. (or even more water) Grin

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

KQ6 wins the vote for me, I love those graphics,

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And the best green is… Monkey Island 2!

...can it be true? That I hold here, in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest Green?

Here’s the next one.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

diego - 02 January 2014 11:08 AM

Boy, did I go wrong with Myst!

Yup. Looks kind of polluted. Not very appetizing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top