• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Silence - The Whispered World 2

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It may be a great game, but I don’t see anything in the trailer that is even remotely connected to The Whispered World.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It does look more like a spiritual sequel than anything else.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Well…I dunno. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how the actual game will look. If it looks like that, I’m happy. Can’t see how it will be a direct sequel, but still looks like the same world etc. spiritual sequel usually doesn’t mean that.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Tad - 12 December 2013 03:16 AM

Whoa, slow down. This is just a CG trailer. Plus, if it does look like that, then I disagree. It’s the same style just in a 2.5d setting.

If you by “the same style” mean something that looks nothing like the original, you’re onto something. Though I anticipated it would happen sooner or later, I’ve been dreading the day when Deadalic switches to 3D, and this, if nothing else, seems to be the very beginning of just that.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Not really. The 3D is there, but the 2D styled drawing over the top is the same. I’d really wait and see personally. This is just CG after all.

If this is how it looks though, I’ve got no issues. Looks good to me.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Yeah, it will probably be a good game, I’m just being a grump Wink

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 12 December 2013 05:55 AM

It may be a great game, but I don’t see anything in the trailer that is even remotely connected to The Whispered World.

in all likelihood it will use the same concepts from the first game, in other words: story that takes place in a world inside someone’s consciousness.
And then maybe some cameo references sprinkled here and there.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Adventure Treff conducted a 20 minute video interview with Daedalic about the game, but it’s in German. Did anyone that speaks German check it out? There are no English subtitles.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2013-11-17

PM

He says he does the backgrounds. (spoilers for the potential plot for silence and how it’s directly connected to TWW) That Silence is the continuation of Whispered World and that it’s about his sister falling into the Whispered World and Cedric too and he knows that it’s just being dreamt, but his sister doesn’t. He says he’s not the story guy but that the story is really complicated but has a very heavy end (note that the german heavy can also mean difficult, don’t know which one he would mean in this case).

The other guy then says that the story is being written by many authors and that other than the guys from Deadalic Anne von Vaszary will be one of the main authors. ( http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/22976 )

First guy then says that the backgrounds will be 2d/3d for the first time, something that was only used in Memoria’s cut scenes so far so you can explore the backgrounds a little. Says the characters will be 3d. Says it will be their graphically most imposing game to date.

Second guy says the game will come out next year.

(don’t know whether some of this is joking)

Says that doing 3d is a bit of a departure but they will keep making 2d games as well (which haven’t been announced yet).

Says that the game probably won’t be mandatorily tied to steam, that they did that only once and that was Deep Silver’s fault and not what they wanted.

Says it will be more casual than Memoria as far as the difficulty is concerned. Says they really need this one to sell well.

Game will be done using Unity.

Says that on humble bundle not that many bundles were sold but that their average price was relatively high.

Says they can’t put their games on GOG in German because GOG forces them to have the same price in all regions and their publishers/partners in Germany demand for them to have a relatively high prince within Germany because the games are sold at a lot of local chain stores.

They talk a bit about the plot and endnig of Deponia

They talk about the ending of Deponia and how they got a lot of criticism. He says he personally thinks it sucks too that there was no happy end, that he wanted the two to run off together. Jokes that next time they’ll do a sad ending for the German market and a happy end for the Americans Grin Says that their writer is more the “end of times” guy, says that having a sad end once in a while or in the first part is ok, but to have every part be like that…

They joke about doing a Wizard of Oz game and having Dorothy die at the end.

He asks the first guy which part of Whispered World 2 he liked painting the most. Says that there are a lot of city scenes with a lot of old time Bavarian style houses. They joke about Whispered World 2 being set in Bavaria.

They talked a lot about money being tight Embarassed

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Thank you for the translations thalolli! TWW 2 does sound very, very interesting. I’m looking forward to it!

I wish you had used spoiler tags when mentioning Deponia. I haven’t had time to play that trilogy yet. :-(

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2013-11-17

PM

I’ll add one now to prevent further victims.

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

There is a lot of new information about this game posted to the Daedalic forums, including links to gameplay footage and interviews:

http://forum.daedalic.de/viewtopic.php?f=189&t=4609

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

I look forward to the game, but the 3d looks ugly…

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

darthmaul - 19 January 2014 11:06 PM

I look forward to the game, but the 3d looks ugly…

Did You see that gameplay footage AGF mentioned? Wasn’t crazy about it after the initial trailer, but I thought it actually looks really good in-game after all.

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

I agree, it looks more 2D during gameplay, even though it is fully 3D. It is a great looking 2D/3D hybrid.

I am also glad that Sadwick is coming back!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top