• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games/Franchises you want to see in TTG style

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 09 November 2013 02:03 PM

And you are like supreme enlightened authrority to pass something as nonsense.

NO - I will give it one last try, and if you still don’t get what I meant then I will give up.

I wrote that what you wrote was NOT nonsense, but that I disagree!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I still say this whole thread is one big troll.  Wink

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lambonius - 10 November 2013 01:05 PM

I still say this whole thread is one big troll.  Wink

I’m beginning to think you might be right.
I guess I should have heard your previous warning.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

I suspect Lambonius is just joking, hence the wink face. As I understand it, the joke seems to be something along the lines of “nobody could possibly want more games/franchises in the TTG style, therefore this whole thread must be trolling, ha.” Lamb has a low opinion of Telltale generally and so enjoys poking fun at them. Lamb, if I’ve misinterpreted you, feel free to correct me.

If Lamb is not joking, then I think Lamb is mistaken in this case, since I certainly don’t think nomadsoul is trolling. nomadsoul is a longtime valued member of the community with no motive I can imagine to troll anybody, and his participation in the topic seems totally genuine to me, not deliberately provocative.

The misunderstanding between nomadsoul and yourself, Iznogood, came about (I think) from the statement “not everything you wrote is complete and utter nonsense.” The statement could be read in a harsher way to imply “not everything you wrote is complete and utter nonsense (but much of it is),” which obviously is a much harsher reading than what you actually intended. So what you meant as a statement of acknowledgment came across unintentionally as a statement of dismissal. Hope what I’ve said makes sense, but if you want, I’m happy to explain more about how such a misinterpretation is possible in PM.

Anyway, I hope there are no hard feelings on either side. You’re all enjoyable forum members to have around and I wouldn’t want to see anyone leave because they feel frustrated or ostracized.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2008-10-17

PM

well, i for one like telltale… i like the path they have taken, i care about the characters in their last games. it makes me involved. whatever they decide to do next i’m sure i’ll like it!

but, thats just me.. i don’t mind if their games are easy or lack puzzles as long as the story and characters are great Smile

i can see why star wars would work, but i don’t think they’ll do that. breaking bad, i just don’t see how anything could be done with that. i’d like something dystopian, like blade runner, or a neuromancer adaptation

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I would love some Neuromancer stuff.

I don’t really understand why Telltale could’t make games with the story and involvement of TWD and some real puzzles. Story and puzzles are the corner stones of most great adventures and there’s plenty of different settings and tasks that work well with logical puzzles that aren’t just road blocks.

But I’ll take just a great story too, I just don’t think game makers would have to choose one or the other.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2008-10-17

PM

I guess they want to appeal to a mass market, and the reality is that people just don’t want to have to think much. thats my opinion at least.. I’d love it if they could make a game with good logical puzzles, but i think that won’t really happen, they’ve found their formula in the last 2 games…

while we’re at it, could you name a few of those titles that you had in mind (as far as logical puzzles go, with great stories) as examples? i’ve been away from gaming for a while and i might have missed some good games Smile i just finished gemini rue the other day and loved it.. a fairly easy game too, but i liked the setting and the story a lot.. i like those kind of settings, dystopia, apocalypse, noir even… although i’ll play any good adventure game regardless of the setting

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its

-The dont want to think much, just kill time
-They are so exhausted by work that they dont have energy left to spend
more brains on mind bending puzzles.
-Most of Devs believe they dont want people to quit their games out of
frustration and hard puzzles, hence appealing lowest common denominator.

Puzzles integrated with story itself needs smart design philosphy,
else will feel forced and misplaced. Smart people who can think of
smart puzzles, means re-planning of TTG philosphy, more workforce and more
costs, and more time management issues in their current Model.

@ Caliburn
Thumbs Up
Thanks for comments, much appreciated. i wont be acting like Quest1 for sure,
i warned him about the circlejerking on these forums, i told him to
leave the argument. Sometimes people are convinced and you cant do much.
Best is to not take things personally and just enjoy discussions as gamer,
because we are all gaming enthusiasts.
I have learned with time in this industry (after Fez creator controversy
and what Notch commented on TalkShow), that gamers are inherently bitchy
emotional, attached to certain things and really are overprotective not just
about consoles, games but also what they think or make of themselves.

Its not like Adv gaming community is so large that we can actually gain by
fighting eachother. We are niche and should stick together.
Wink

Now i hated TTG game mechanic as much as Lamb, but open enough to accept the mechanic
where i think it can be best fit. Thats the reason for this thread.
Even if we ignore moral choices which are superficial in TTG anyway, i can
atleast think of BreakingBad Choose your own adventure.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Caliburn - 10 November 2013 08:36 PM

I suspect Lambonius is just joking, hence the wink face. As I understand it, the joke seems to be something along the lines of “nobody could possibly want more games/franchises in the TTG style, therefore this whole thread must be trolling, ha.” Lamb has a low opinion of Telltale generally and so enjoys poking fun at them. Lamb, if I’ve misinterpreted you, feel free to correct me.

Yep, Cal, that pretty much sums it up.  Wink  Just trying to re-inject some levity into what was becoming kind of a silly argument at this point.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TTG is rumored(IGN) to be making Gameofthrones game.

Tongue

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

nomadsoul - 21 November 2013 05:39 PM

TTG is rumored(IGN) to be making Gameofthrones game.

Tongue

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Telltale’s Game of Thrones sounds like a parody concept. Are the characters going to have the TT trademark puppy dog eyes?

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

I would like to see Harry Potter or Robert Downey Juniors version of Sherlock Holmes in a TTG style.

In Harry Potter you could be a side character in between books 5-7, and newer Sherlock Holmes movies are BUILT for this style.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Wouldn’t Sherlock Holmes require a bit more puzzle solving than Telltale’s usual fare these days?  Given their seeming distaste for puzzles, I wonder if they’d bulk up that aspect of the gameplay if the property called for it.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I can imagine anything that would be more ill suited for Telltale than Sherlock Holmes!!!!

Fortunately I also think Telltale know there own strengths and weaknesses well enough to not touch SH with a 20m pole Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top