• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04CelesteGBDale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

He does that all the time.

Really.

Iznogood - 20 June 2016 07:25 PM
wilco - 20 June 2016 04:55 PM

I think they never should have brought more teams to the Euro, and if they had to at least they should have gone with 32 teams

Yeah I totally agree, either 16 or 32 teams and only the two best from each group advances to the knock-out stage - everything else is just BS.

I agree as well, but meh if the draws are somewhat fixed. It’s not like the tournament isn’t pretty evenly-matched so far.

On the other hand, if only the top two advance from every group, then we’d at least have seen a match from Slovakia yesterday (instead of parking all 11 players in their own box).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 21 June 2016 04:27 AM

He does that all the time.

Really.

Damn , he is true booger man.
But that last one pulling off from his ass is just too much.
*pukes*
He doesn’t give flying fk to cameras.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Spain loses to Croatia (without Modric) after missing a (badly called) penalty and now faces Italy in the knockout stage. That was entertaining.
Turkey after 2 terrible matches wins a game and somehow can still make it through

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great stuff from Croatia, especially the first goal (the best goal of the tournament, so far), and De Gea was at fault for the second, even if it was a deflection, he was poorly placed. Spain wanted to win the group without sweating too much, and it backfired. Now, it will be interesting, because we’ll have some potentially all-time classics (Germany-Italy, Spain-Germany, France-England…) in the quartefinal, which reminds me of Mexico 1986. Croatia will face Slovakia next.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes, some classic matches await, the bracket right now is crazy:

Italy, Spain, Germany, France, England all in the same half

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco, some good news for you, draw is enough for Portugal to go through after today’s matches.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Croatia beating Spain didn’t really surprise me. Croatia has played excellent whereas Spain has been kind of meh!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 21 June 2016 06:18 PM

wilco, some good news for you, draw is enough for Portugal to go through after today’s matches.

We can actually get another 0-0 draw and still get through? There’s still a big possibility we mess up against Hungary considering we can’t seem to score goals and counter attack can kill us but the rules of this tournament are just crazy…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 21 June 2016 06:40 PM

Croatia beating Spain didn’t really surprise me. Croatia has played excellent whereas Spain has been kind of meh!

I agree.

I didn’t think they’d win without Modric, though.

Best game of the tournament so far. Two teams that actually played attacking football!

wilco - 21 June 2016 05:32 PM

Yes, some classic matches await, the bracket right now is crazy:

Italy, Spain, Germany, France, England all in the same half

Looks like playing like crap and losing against Italy was the single best thing that could happen for Belgium. Grin

If we don’t lose vs Sweden tonight (and we really shouldn’t, or Wilmots ought to be sacked on the spot), we’ll have a great chance to make it to the finals. Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This is why Messi shits on Ronaldo from great height

Stellar goal, right in the corner

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Spot the real ball Smile

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

If both Sweden and Ireland do not win (equalizing or losing) Turkey will still advance. What the hell?!?! lol

Also Messi once more shows he’s miles ahead of Ronaldo.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

diego - 22 June 2016 08:02 AM

Spot the real ball Smile

7/10

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

diego - 22 June 2016 08:02 AM

Spot the real ball Smile

1/10

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 22 June 2016 04:34 AM

If we don’t lose vs Sweden tonight (and we really shouldn’t, or Wilmots ought to be sacked on the spot), we’ll have a great chance to make it to the finals. Gasp

Don’t worry, I will eat my old hat if you loose to Sweden! Remove Zlatan and the rest of their team are quite mediocre.

Don’t know about the finals though Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top