• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beyond: Two Souls

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

millenia - 20 April 2013 06:55 PM

[stuff]

Unsure, but I hope you don’t think I said HR’s storytelling was bad. Quite the opposite if you read my post again. If not, then I’m sorry.

I agree nonetheless. There are so many films that I love that people insult me for liking. The funny thing is, when a news source writes a nice article about the exact same thing I claim, they flip flop and agree with it. Some people don’t seem to understand the simplest things because they look at them at face value.

One reason why I liked the film Prometheus. I’m sure many people here absolutely hate the film, but I saw it for the good it was besides some pretty intense character flaws.

One thing I was greatly criticized about was liking parts of the film ‘A Knights Tale’. Recently io9 wrote an article about despite having rock influences, many scenes were a great adaptation of real medieval life…those same people now like A Knights Tale, some of those people were my professors. -_- Lost a lot of respect for them over the years.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have a PS2 and on it are some of my favorite Adventure games. NOW - the price of a PS3 is coming down - and should get REAL LOW soon (PS 4 release this Xmas) - now there are some really good pS3 exclusive adventure games on the platform - Heavey rain - a modern classic adventure game exclusive to the PS3 sold over 2 million copies making it one of the most successful adventure games of recent times (or any times for that mater).

This game is pure eye candy - and will probably be one of the most amazing adventure games ever released.

Sounds like time to update my gear.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

No one should feel guilty at all in purchasing a Ps3 or xbox 360. Despite a new console coming out in the coming holidays, backwards compatibility will be the name of the game. Grin Plus you can’t go wrong with one of the better bluray players. Grin

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Monolith - 20 April 2013 08:02 PM
millenia - 20 April 2013 06:55 PM

[stuff]

Unsure, but I hope you don’t think I said HR’s storytelling was bad. Quite the opposite if you read my post again. If not, then I’m sorry.

I agree nonetheless. There are so many films that I love that people insult me for liking. The funny thing is, when a news source writes a nice article about the exact same thing I claim, they flip flop and agree with it. Some people don’t seem to understand the simplest things because they look at them at face value.

One reason why I liked the film Prometheus. I’m sure many people here absolutely hate the film, but I saw it for the good it was besides some pretty intense character flaws.

One thing I was greatly criticized about was liking parts of the film ‘A Knights Tale’. Recently io9 wrote an article about despite having rock influences, many scenes were a great adaptation of real medieval life…those same people now like A Knights Tale, some of those people were my professors. -_- Lost a lot of respect for them over the years.

I definitely meant to agree with you and critisise the people who bashed HR here, could have added a sentence in the beginning there, I guess. Smile

And I always liked A Knight’s Tale and also Prometheus. I understand they’re not everyone’s cup of tea but instead of people saying that they didn’t really like them, why so many go on and on how horrible and totally unbelievable they were and they’re pretty much the worst crap they’ve ever seen. Though I think with some changes Prometheus could have surely been even better (it could have been a cult classic even), it was a very nice and entertaining movie like this too.

I guess sometimes I might be even a bit too forgiving but I’m quite happy with it, getting more positive experiences for feeling that “this is the way the maker wanted us to experience it” instead of nitpicking.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Sony sends out over 2,000 blank pages to show people how big Beyond Two Soul’s script is!

What a perfect metaphor for David Cage though…. TonguePPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I was wishing that was the manual.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

thejobloshow - 24 April 2013 12:56 AM

Sony sends out over 2,000 blank pages to show people how big Beyond Two Soul’s script is!

Was this how they chose to commemorate Earth Day?

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Looks like the Sakura Taisen 3 translation guide I printed out back in college.

Total Posts: 1082

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

thejobloshow - 24 April 2013 12:56 AM

Grin Cheeky cheeky..

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I realized after the previous insult on David Cage with the metaphor….what did he do wrong? Like the Heavy Rain thread and the Indigo Prophecy thread….what were we expecting out of the story? He made Omikron….EFFIN OMIKRON. Did we expect some lame realistic story sort of game? I think he did nothing wrong and people place unusual/wrong expectations on his work.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Beyond: Two Souls has been selected for the Tribeca Film Festival this weekend.  As part of its presentation, a 35(!)-minute scene from the game will be shown.  This is going to be live-streamed over at the PS page.  LINK

I imagine it will also show up on YouTube later, but who knows.  As I am extremely spoiler-averse, I will be avoiding this like the plague, but I thought many of you might be interested.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Interplay - 26 April 2013 10:39 AM

Beyond: Two Souls has been selected for the Tribeca Film Festival this weekend.  As part of its presentation, a 35(!)-minute scene from the game will be shown.  This is going to be live-streamed over at the PS page.  LINK

I imagine it will also show up on YouTube later, but who knows.  As I am extremely spoiler-averse, I will be avoiding this like the plague, but I thought many of you might be interested.

This is starting now I think to anyone interested

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The characters look amazing! and Ellen Page… But 10 min it’s enough for now not seeing anymore stuff until the release.
Concerning the gameplay I think I saw a bit of Ghost Trick in there

Edit: And New trailer !

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

It was a pretty good screening, overall including the Q&A session afterwords it probably lasted about a hour.  They talked and showed a lot of details about the making of the game and the 35 minutes of gameplay was stuff that hadn’t been seen to my knowledge.  They got Cage, Ellen Page, and several of the other actors to commentate on their experiences while making the game and the differences between it and normal acting.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

OK, just finished with the demo and trailer,

Spoiler Free impressions:

Variety of flavor and situations, its going to be memorable journey, there are going to some really awkward eye rolling scenes and some really moving, some gameplay improvements thanks to new element but rest is all same QTE fest like HeavyRain, expect many QTE mechanics to return, and there are long scenes before you can actual gain any control , but the character models are better than what is shown for nextgen games. 

I am looking forward to the ending most, i think given the new XYZ aspect Smile, the ending can make or break the game, i hope Cage doesnt pull any thing stupid to fireup critics rage.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top