• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I’ve had enough all bugs,lags and drags,wait for patches still goin on.Even whole experience leaves me with quite a stale aftertaste i’ll give another chance if a full release occurs someday.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

They have to move to Unity 5 for the PS4 port, and I suspect they’ll do the same on PC which could mean a graphical and performance upgrade down the line. One more reason to wait it out for the eventual complete release.

I recently upgraded my computer so the choppy framerate isn’t a problem anymore, but it’s still pretty startling how some areas run at 25 fps and others over 100. Certain environments just seems really badly optimized (probably too many lights).

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Just curious, is anyone noticing worse performance in this episode than the previous ones?

It’s been crashing on me frequently. For a while there (while I was figuring out the pipe stuff as Kian) it was happening every five minutes. Frustrating since I then had to backtrack every time due to the autosave not saving as often as I’d like it to.

In the other episodes I did have some crashes, but not this frequent (and none after I switched from the Steam version to the GOG version, but this time it’s happening to me with GOG’s). It may well be my computer but the other eps weren’t nearly this bad, so I’m wondering if other people have noticed worse tech issues with Book 3 than the others.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

fov - 30 June 2015 05:31 PM

Just curious, is anyone noticing worse performance in this episode than the previous ones?

Generally speaking the performance is better than in the last book, the only time I experienced a framerate drop was in daytime Marcuria with Zoë, but this was only to Propast level of book one and two.

I also haven’t experienced any kind of crashes.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

As far I can see the performance hasn’t changed. It hasn’t improved nor decreased for me at least, though I don’t really play with frame counters on.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I don’t regret waiting :-) I played the first episode to see what it was like and find out that it met my expectations. Now I’m waiting for september to start replaying TLJ, then dreamfall and then once I’m finished hopefully all of the chapters will be released with Unity 5 instead of 4.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

@Fov
A thought just occurred to me: Have you switched to GOG Galaxy between book 2 and 3?
If that is the case, then it might be the Steam/Galaxy overlay function that is causing the problem.

tomimt - 01 July 2015 03:04 AM

As far I can see the performance hasn’t changed. It hasn’t improved nor decreased for me at least.

It hasn’t as such improved, but since the main performance problems is in the large open areas with a lot of people, and most of book 3 takes place in small confined spaces with few npc’s, then you won’t encounter the same problems in this book.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

No, I’m using the non-Galaxy version (for exactly that reason). Good to hear it isn’t a widespread problem, though.

Yesterday I tried playing in a window so I could keep an eye on the Resource Monitor at the same time (I suspect it’s memory related, so wanted to see what the memory was doing while I played). Didn’t get any crashes, so I’ll just keep playing in a window and cross my fingers.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

My only concern about Book 3 is the length. It is too short. Compared to Book 2, it is 3 times shorter. Is it going to be like this? I mean, the next chapters? Shorter?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

UruBoo - 01 July 2015 10:08 PM

My only concern about Book 3 is the length. It is too short. Compared to Book 2, it is 3 times shorter. Is it going to be like this? I mean, the next chapters? Shorter?

Ragnar said that the three last chapters will all be shorter than book 2. I think one thing that lead Book 3 to be as short is that it’s very much like a typical middles episode in tying in what has happened in the first two books and laying out what will happen in the last two. It’s more of a narrative tool than full out game episode.

Though I already have over 20 hours of playtime according to my Steam account and only a coouple, 3 or so hours, are because of replay of epsiode 1, as I decided in the beginning to try an another rout. So as a whole the Chapters has been already longer than any of the Telltale titles I’ve played as those tend to go to 5-8 hours. I’d say the final lenght of the game seems to go around 25-30 hours.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

With that much lagging it may take as well 40 hours.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Gabe - 02 July 2015 10:44 AM

With that much lagging it may take as well 40 hours.

Joking aside though, the game itself is pretty long.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finally started playing Book 3 and WTH at the beginning Angry  Angry  , finding 6 hidden objects?!? This is like those bad parts of Tesla Effect…

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The search would have been more fun if they’d given some contextual hints (Saga or her dad making specific comments about the location of ones you haven’t found yet). Also the finicky camera controls make this harder. For a couple of them, specifically on the shelf in the kitchen the camera needs to be positioned *just right* or the hotspot doesn’t display. Makes a tedious sequence worse, IMO.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yup. While the location itself is small enough for such a little treasure hunt, the hotspot detection makes the whole thing unnecessarily difficult and annoying. That is the only time I’ve had to check hints in the game, as I just couldn’t get the one in the kitchen, as I kept missing the right camera angle. Definetly a low point of the game thus far.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top