• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Really? A 5 out of 5 on a Walking Dead?

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

“Congratulations to the new Perfect Adventure Game! The new standard for the genre, distilled down to its core gameplay. 5/5.” -AdventureGamers.com

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

What if I told you all adventure games were no different than a game of simon with the illusion of choice. While TWD was not?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

That’s a little unfair, Adventure. Simon doesn’t have a predictable story with cheap sentimentality.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

What a fine argument!  By all means, we should only extol traditional adventures and their core gameplay.

Honestly, the lack of respect some people have for other people’s tastes is pathetic.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I thought this blind stupidity belonged on 9gag and youtube?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Rabble rabble rabble rabble!

Is it just me, or are people over-reacting a bit?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’d say there’s been some overreacting on both sides of the scale in this thread. Then again, that’s probably what made it the closest thing to a proper flamewar on the site so far Smile Was the OP just trolling?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Jackal - 10 December 2012 11:28 PM

What a fine argument!  By all means, we should only extol traditional adventures and their core gameplay.

Honestly, the lack of respect some people have for other people’s tastes is pathetic.

First we’re talking about a review which is supposed to be objective, not just a matter of “taste”. Second, I have to admit my comparison was a bit unfair as Simon features much deeper gameplay than TWD. In fact a malfunctioning DVD player would offer a similar experience to that “game”. Don’t act surprised some people are offended at this site giving a perfect score to that braindead, gameplay-free QTE trash.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Adventure - 11 December 2012 05:32 AM

First we’re talking about a review which is supposed to be objective, not just a matter of “taste”. Second, I have to admit my comparison was a bit unfair as Simon features much deeper gameplay than TWD. In fact a malfunctioning DVD player would offer a similar experience to that “game”. Don’t act surprised some people are offended at this site giving a perfect score to that braindead, gameplay-free QTE trash.

These are accusations that go far beyond a game’s rating. I see hate and don’t understand why.

There are two possibilities.
a) You are trolling
b) You have no respect to other people’s opinions and therefore offend them/their opinion. If you don’t like the site/review/forum, then don’t visit/read them. Believe me, we (the adventuregamers community) won’t miss you.

By the way, there is no such thing as an apsolute objective opinion in a review. Taste is always a parameter. Especially in a game like TWD that is mostly emotionally/story driven.

EDIT: Sorry for the intervention Jack, but this was simply outrageous.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Don’t act surprised some people are offended at this site giving a perfect score to that braindead, gameplay-free QTE trash.

That still says more about the people that are offended, than about the site that gave TWD 5/5… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Sefir - 11 December 2012 06:29 AM

These are accusations that go far beyond a game’s rating. I see hate and don’t understand why.

There are two possibilities.
a) You are trolling
b) You have no respect to other people’s opinions and therefore offend them/their opinion. If you don’t like the site/review/forum, then don’t visit/read them. Believe me, we (the adventuregamers community) won’t miss you.

By the way, there is no such thing as an apsolute objective opinion in a review. Taste is always a parameter. Especially in a game like TWD that is mostly emotionally/story driven.

EDIT: Sorry for the intervention Jack, but this was simply outrageous.

It’s outrageous having an opinion on a discussion forum? I articulated fairly clearly what I think is wrong with the game - it isn’t one. QTEs are barely gameplay at all and certainly not adventure gameplay. Modern Warfare has both a narrative and QTEs it doesn’t make it a 5/5 adventure game. “Get out” isn’t an argument.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Adventure - 11 December 2012 07:44 AM

It’s outrageous having an opinion on a discussion forum? I articulated fairly clearly what I think is wrong with the game - it isn’t one. QTEs are barely gameplay at all and certainly not adventure gameplay. Modern Warfare has both a narrative and QTEs it doesn’t make it a 5/5 adventure game. “Get out” isn’t an argument.

It’s not outrageous to have an opinion. Many people didn’t like TWD and expressed and discussed their opinion smoothly, without insulting anyone. However, accussing this site that with reviews/ratings like TWD one equalizes adventure games with a Simon game, is both outrageous and insulting for the site, the reviewer and the adventurers who liked the game. At least, that’s how I feel.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

It’s outrageous having an opinion on a discussion forum? I articulated fairly clearly what I think is wrong with the game - it isn’t one.

And others think that it is a game, and a good one, and they agree with the review and that is their opinion. If it is a matter of “my opinion vs yours” then there is nothing more to discuss.

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Sefir - 11 December 2012 07:52 AM

It’s not outrageous to have an opinion. Many people didn’t like TWD and expressed their opinion smoothly, without insulting anyone. However, accussing this site that with reviews/ratings like TWD one equalizes adventure games with a Simon game, is both outrageous and insulting for both the site, the reviewer and the adventurers who liked the game. At least, that’s how I feel.

Please point out where I have insulted anyone here?

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Siddhi - 11 December 2012 07:57 AM

It’s outrageous having an opinion on a discussion forum? I articulated fairly clearly what I think is wrong with the game - it isn’t one.

And others think that it is a game, and a good one, and they agree with the review and that is their opinion. If it is a matter of “my opinion vs yours” then there is nothing more to discuss.

There is plenty to discuss with regards to both the game and review. This thread is titled: “Really? A 5 out of 5 on a Walking Dead?”. Not sure why you expect people to just agree or shut up in a discussion forum. I’ve stated my opinion like everyone else and every answer so far except Jackal’s has had nothing to do with the game or review.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top