• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I can’t be more disappointed than when I heard it’s gonna be episodic. It’s all gain from now. Sarcastic

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 January 2013 12:38 PM
Siddhi - 05 January 2013 12:17 PM

I hope the hype for this game doesn’t get to the point where no matter what it is, people will be disappointed.

Too late. Meh

seriously… we’re doomed Tongue

diego - 05 January 2013 12:39 PM

I can’t be more disappointed than when I heard it’s gonna be episodic. It’s all gain from now. Sarcastic

good point!
Im still scratching my head that its episodic.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

OK.  If it’s not GK-related, my new theory is an episodic True Blood game released by Big Fish.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah big fish is one of my top 3 suspects.
I wonder if we’l hear the announcement before the 1 year anniversary of the kickstarter O_O

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

My guess: It will be a new Gabriel Knight game, but NOT GK4. It will not be a remake. It will be episodic and set sometime before GK3’s story. Perhaps a GK prequel?

It will be published by Activision, a development which will raise curiosity about whether Activision will also publish a new KQ in similar fashion.

Jane has already hinted that Mystery Game X is being published by a very big publisher. In my view, it has to be Activision.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Either GK4 or GM2. Why would she call it Mystery Game “X” otherwise? If it’s not a sequel she’d just call it Mystery Game. Flawless logic Smile

Or wait, it could be a sequel to EcoQuest, Pepper’s Adventures in Time, King’s Quest. She even worked on one of the Police Quests so it could even be a collaboration with Jim Wall.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I think it’s going to be something very small, episodic, and low-budget that has something to do with the Gabriel Knight license.

I’m not jumping to conclusions beyond that.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Quest1 - 10 April 2013 05:54 AM

My guess: It will be a new Gabriel Knight game, but NOT GK4. It will not be a remake. It will be episodic and set sometime before GK3’s story. Perhaps a GK prequel?

It will be published by Activision, a development which will raise curiosity about whether Activision will also publish a new KQ in similar fashion.

Jane has already hinted that Mystery Game X is being published by a very big publisher. In my view, it has to be Activision.

I have strong reason to believe this as well.  Not sure what you mean by “a new GK game, but not GK4”—any game in the series that’s not a remake is, by definition, the fourth new game in the series, episodic, prequel, or not.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Lambonius - 10 April 2013 08:57 AM

I have strong reason to believe this as well.  Not sure what you mean by “a new GK game, but not GK4”—any game in the series that’s not a remake is, by definition, the fourth new game in the series, episodic, prequel, or not.

Being the fourth Gabriel Knight doesn’t mean it’s Gabriel Knight IV. Vice City was the fourth GTA, but it wasn’t GTA4. Skullmonkeys was the second Neverhood game but it wasn’t Neverhood 2. This isn’t a new concept.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lambonius - 10 April 2013 08:57 AM

I believe Jensen answered a question about whether this would be a GK game by saying it wouldn’t be GK4. But she refused to say it wouldn’t be a GK game.

So, although Lambonius may insist that any new GK game is necessarily GK4, and he may be technically right in doing so, it doesn’t mean Jensen would feel the same way.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Heh, I know what you guys mean, of course.  You just hit on one of my little gaming pet peeves.  Like the fact that Assassin’s Creed III is really Assassin’s Creed V.  In fact, the whole reason Black Flag has the IV in front of it is because Ubisoft realized that numbered sequels SELL better.  It’s really just a semantic difference, and yet so many people cling to that damn number as a sign that the game will be some kind of landmark event or something.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Lambonius - 10 April 2013 09:22 AM

Heh, I know what you guys mean, of course.  You just hit on one of my little gaming pet peeves.  Like the fact that Assassin’s Creed III is really Assassin’s Creed V.  In fact, the whole reason Black Flag has the IV in front of it is because Ubisoft realized that numbered sequels SELL better.  It’s really just a semantic difference, and yet so many people cling to that damn number as a sign that the game will be some kind of landmark event or something.

The logic in AC seems to be New character = Numbered sequel. It actually makes sense to me why Black Flag is IV and Brotherhood is not, or at least if follows a consistent logic.

I do believe MGX is an episodic GK game, but I’m not going to assume anything else about it.

Have we even been told for certain that it’s an adventure game? Or what platform it’s going to be on? Those are big assumptions otherwise.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Frogacuda - 10 April 2013 09:29 AM

Have we even been told for certain that it’s an adventure game? Or what platform it’s going to be on? Those are big assumptions otherwise.

yes and yes. From the pinkerton website: “What is “Mystery Game X”?  It’s the second adventure game we’ll be making this year.”
Now, im not sure how explicit they’ve been about platform, but in the rewards it includes a “big box version” of mgx… i think its safe to assume theyr not making “big box versions” of ps3 games Wink

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

zane - 10 April 2013 11:15 AM
Frogacuda - 10 April 2013 09:29 AM

yes and yes. From the pinkerton website: “What is “Mystery Game X”?  It’s the second adventure game we’ll be making this year.”
Now, im not sure how explicit they’ve been about platform, but in the rewards it includes a “big box version” of mgx… i think its safe to assume theyr not making “big box versions” of ps3 games Wink

Actually, the specify that they will NOT be shipping a “big box” version of MGX, only of Moebius, and that they MGX box will be a retail box.

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2009-07-04

PM

Zifnab - 10 April 2013 06:22 AM

Either GK4 or GM2. Why would she call it Mystery Game “X” otherwise? If it’s not a sequel she’d just call it Mystery Game. Flawless logic Smile

Maybe she calls it Mystery Game “X”, because she works on a Mystery Game “Y” too so the 2 wont get confused:]. Or is it just me dreaming?:]

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top