• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quest for Infamy Discussion and Impressions

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Just finished. I think its safe to say, of all the finished kickstarter-adventures, this one is the best. Theres many problems, and id even say its on the short side despite taking 12ish hours to finish, considering that the combat eats a chunk of that time. The last 2 acts are really rushed. Balance is almost non-existent. But its still a solid fun adventure that stands on its own beyond being “a kickstarter-game”.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Hey, glad you liked it!

One of the nice things about being all-digital is that we get a chance to take any post-release feedback and bug reports on board and update the game after-the-fact to address some of it.  We have an update in the works that should hopefully address the balance & stat issues people had, among other things.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

A couple bugs i noticed (no idea if they were reported already): the mage unlock spell in a couple instances uses the thievery stat, most notably for rayford’s door. Also the mage gloves that increase fire damage dont seem to increase damage at all.
Oh also, in the room with the cube, if you cast the fire spell after the cube is dead the game crashes.

All in all, cool game Smile

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Two of those have already been reported.  I’ve just logged the third for fixing.  Thanks for the heads up!  Smile

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Question: I’m on day 3 (I think) and have been told to see Rayford. I click the hand on his door and the narrator says I should knock on the door. How exactly should I do that?

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Zifnab - 30 July 2014 01:49 AM

Question: I’m on day 3 (I think) and have been told to see Rayford. I click the hand on his door and the narrator says I should knock on the door. How exactly should I do that?

Did you go to his house or the Sheriff’s office?  If it’s Day 3 and you’ve not seen him yet, you should be able to go right into the Sheriff’s office (near the town gate.)

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Thanks, that worked. One more: I don’t have the skill to climb the vines at the mayor’s house, and yet it seems I cannot increase it any further by practicing on the gate or tree. The climbing kit doesn’t help either.

edit: Okay I got through it another way, but now I can’t give the diary to Hummel. I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t read it first, because when I click the eye on it there is an entirely unrelated comment from the narrator.

There really does seem to be a lot of bugs.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

You should be able to increase climbing significantly by practicing on those vines (at night.)

Clicking the diary on yourself should allow you to read it.

We’ve been working to fix all reported bugs and issues so far and will be releasing an update & patch (with a few small pieces of additional content, too) in the coming weeks.  Sorry you’ve run into some of them!  Smile  There is a tech support section on our forums where you can report bugs if any come up.  The diary bug is one we’ve had reported already and I believe have already fixed so that using the Eye in the inventory brings up the diary closeup instead of a voiced line.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Thanks Lambonius. I’ve run into too many bugs for now (none of what you suggested worked) so I have uninstalled to play Tesla Effect instead, but I’m looking forward to booting it up again when it’s all patched up.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top