• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Ceville is pretty decent and, for a translated German game, it has some pretty darn good voice acting. Don’t let the grumpy Ceville scare you away from playing it, he is only one of three playable characters (and Ceville is pretty cool once Lilly comes into the picture and applies some contrast to his “evil” behaviour).

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

@chrissie you should really give it a try
@Dag well said mister .

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

One of the things I really liked about Ceville, is that the most evil thing you have to do in the game is done as… No! not as the grumpy evil Ceville, but as the little cute do-gooder Lilly Grin, and having to do it really pains her. Whereas Ceville actually has to do some good and improves himself during the course of the game, and in the end I (almost) ended up having sympathy for him.

A real pity that the sequel has never been made.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am gonna tell a boring story ,so don’t bare with me!

I am 14 years old ,4 years since I stared playing adventures , I am running the most obscure adventure in the world “I didn’t know then” why is it that obscure because it had the most obscure puzzles ,only the designer can solve ,I get tricked by Larry Laffer appearing twice at the game’s start I type LOOK LARRY the phaser answers WRONG GAME “now, I knew I should have quite the game, went for DOS browser, and uninstalled Les Manley in: Search for the King ,but Naah, this game is full of pixeld hot chicks “I seen the printed cover!”  .

Les’ office sets up the tone, the first thing you see is Stella through a hole in the wall, but if you type Look, you’re just told “You may be able to see Stella, but Les can’t!”, immediately setting up the psychic/game interaction that will soon come to define most of the puzzles, Now I am stuck big time at the very start “I had beaten three Larry(s) adventures before, I can do this” I told myself ,but I can’t! .

Now I am at my software’s ‘pirated’ shop, at another city, an old man buying adventures games ‘LIKE ME!, heh’, I started a little chat with the guy he tells me about Les Manley’s game that I needed to go to the boss at the game and ‘ASK FOR A RAISE” ,‘because there is a calendar that tells that Les just finished a two-year probationary period at the station’, Somehow, this is the game’s way of giving you a clue, the guys even gives me his work number and said I can call, and ask his secretary for him ‘that if I needed any more hints’, that wasn’t the Sierra 1-900 hintline, but in any case I never called him, or did I?? . 

Ok I solved that puzzle , I go on with the game, even reached THE KING’s house “Ah Here at last!” But ‘uh’... ‘with only 50 points out of 500!’, ‘this probably won’t go very well’, it’s only now that it decides to tell me what I should have been doing: collecting pieces of a THE KING costume to enter a Look-Alike contest. Of course! It’s so obvious! Who needs hint-books or anything? ..lets Restart the game, since there’s no way of going back to old locations.

At Les Manley in: Search for the King you can/need-to steal someone’s dream ‘literally’, pet a stuffed lizard, and be doing a lot of “pixel-bitching!”. And when a bus station only two screens away the game’s designer demands you to use this Big Top, for travelling from New York’s circus, to Las Vegas’s desert! ,

At Les Manley in: Search for the King , You have to close a door you can’t see, Shovel poo, and Stop shoveling poo! ,flip a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign you have no reason to’, talk to Bob, who tells you about you ‘need the game hint-book’ (yeah some-in-game-add), persuade the world’s smallest man to let you tie floss around his waist and lower him in to a plug-hole in a hotel bathroom ,‘Who needs proper hints for that? What kind of idiot wouldn’t immediately jump to those conclusions?’ ,and in a final screw-you for this puzzle, you have to specifically retrieve the dental floss from the drain, otherwise you won’t be able to use it to repair a guitar later on . And not to forget you ‘need to die ,literally’ to win the game; ascend to Heaven, where THE KING awaits, ‘voilà!’ and lets you take a photo of him.

Ok Enough!? now here is Les Manley in search for the King! - Intro & Music Theme

P.S: The exclamation mark is a part of the title

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Noir adventure games soundtracks are always the best you can get ,even if they might remain a serviceable attempt to stir up an atmosphere of intrigue and mystery.

Art of Murder Cards of Destiny (along with the series) are one of my fav’s, I believe the soundtracks are even better than the games themselves, but it doesn’t matter, I crave for this style of music as they turn out to be at the same level of enjoying the gameplaying..

Art of Murder Cards of Destiny - Nicole’s apartment.

I believe the Music composed by the only composer for City Interactive games, Michal Cielecki , who turned out to be a at famous Jazz Musician at Poland .I found his other work also very interesting.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

I always loved the music from some of the old adventure games.

Always loved the dune one.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I wasn’t impressed by Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller ,the game had many things that I quite like at any classical adventure ,but other features the game had were actually little over board, that they made all those classic elements shine ‘not’ enough through the game; like dealing with mobile’ and computer’ interfaces ..etc ,as through the game it felt little too much for me ,especially that the game had already given a lot through this Erica’s super powers .I guess the gameplaying wasn’t really balanced between the classical elements the new features added . 

The soundtrack stands out as the most impressive one in a modern adventure game for quite a while .

Music composed by Austin Haynes of Phoenix_online .

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Not A Witch

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There is no way your character would run when he is ‘dressed-as’ a Monk , Leonardo of Toledo of Murder in the Abbey would teach you some patience while you play him through the game ,not as much as Little Feeble did ,but somewhere like that . 

Also if you think Edna had too much blabbering through her ‘Breakout’ ,then think again .
Those elements might be considered trivial (or not) but the game holds out some great challenges (just the way I like)

The Orchestral musical score of the game is beautiful with the obvious religious undertones .
Who is Emilio de Paz the Director, writer and the composer of the game ?! ,I truly have no idea! but he did an amazing job.

Murder in the Abbey - Soundtrack Preview

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Time to give the thread a refresh
————————————————

Blade Runner is a very controversial adventure, either for fans or reviewers, it gets (almost) a full mark at Adventuregamers, and receive the half of it at another, like Gamespot.

The gameplaying could be intimidating at start, as it ‘would’ seem it focuses on detective’ work, rather than puzzles; all those devices you need to use and learn ‘how to’ in order to advance; KIA, ESPER, Voight-Kampff. But then all this ‘should not’ stop you, or even bother you, this game is a great idea of how things even get better the more you process through it. When you find out all that you have had struggled with from the beginning was really worth it!. Like spending time trying finding a light switch in a very dark room you have just entered, but then once you are done, easily would access it anytime.

The difference Between The (1982) Movie’s OST ,and the (1997) Video-Game’s, is the difference between Vangelis and Frank Klepacki, plus fifteen years in-between Grin.. No seriously, Klepacki had reproduced four tracks of the original score; Main Titles, Love Theme, Blade Runner Blues, End Credits.

Blade Runner - Love Theme, Vangelis
Blade Runner - Love Theme, Klepacki
You can go through the two links to hear more of both soundtracks.

My fav of Klepacki‘s work is Blade Runner - Goth Club

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

“I am just private detective who spends half of what he makes on booze, and the other half to pay the rent on an office that looks like dump”

Face Noir, the 1930’ New York atmosphere, Jack Del-Niro‘s soothing voice, and his dirty smudged jacket, all threw me back to the Blade Runner atmosphere, at a different time, and different circumstances.

An inventory system similar to Grim Fandango, an engaging story, some nice mini-games, the innovative thinking-mode puzzles, and the great ‘Noir’ soundtrack, all just makes this adventure is very a good experience.

Mad Orange the Italian developer of the game is to give a sequel, which is not yet announced, but I am waiting just the same.

Face Noir - Streets of New York

Music Composed by Vincenzo De Filippo and Silvio Relandini

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

So who created/composed the famous Space Quest: (The Sarien Encounter/1/Original/EGA) theme, was it Ken Allen, Mark Seibert!, No! it was Mark Crowe, The most productive person; Designer/Developer/Writer/Director/Voice-Actor and Composer at the history of Sierra.

Mark and Scott first got together with Roberta on Black Cauldron, the Two Guys were determined and in their spare time programmed what later became the first four rooms of The Sarien Encounter.

Later on, and after Space Quest 4, which both side never revealed more than it was ‘stressful time’ creating it, they were both separated, Mark Moved to Dynamix , Scott was working on Police Quest 4, with Josh Mandel on Space Quest 5 that turned out to be the sixth!.
“I was aware that Josh Mandel (co designer of SQ6 -ed) was working on a design for SQ5 at that point of time. I don’t know about all the politics surrounding that. They asked me to do SQ5, I had some ideas for a story so I said SURE!”, Mark Crowe.
..and as for Space Quest 6 (Sierra’s) Josh left the project and Scott was left with the job of getting it done.
‘stressful times’ indeed.

Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter/EGA - Intro & Main Theme

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This is undoubtedly the most recognizable tune of adventure game history. - may be a biased opinion Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 25 August 2014 03:33 PM

This is undoubtedly the most recognizable tune of adventure game history. - may be a biased opinion Smile

i guess you are not, its true, but then maybe we both are (biased), but seriously doesn’t it sound as Mark was too into John William’s star wars theme, when he created it!
i always thought so.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 25 August 2014 05:21 PM
wilco - 25 August 2014 03:33 PM

i guess you are not, its true, but then maybe we both are (biased), but seriously doesn’t it sound as Mark was too into John William’s star wars theme, when he created it!
i always thought so.

Definitely. They set to create another epic space intro and achieved it. Now I’ll be humming the song again in the next days!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 25 August 2014 05:49 PM

Now I’ll be humming the song again in the next days!

Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top