• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiewalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 10 December 2013 02:38 AM

I don’t think he is the only one fenoodling, there is definitely a lot of fenoodling taking place here Tongue

Yeah, I agree. That Dag is waving his noodles about in the most suspicious way.

zobraks - 10 December 2013 05:40 AM

Tune in (and listen carefully).

That dress! That hairdo! Wonderful.  Thumbs Up

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 09 December 2013 04:34 AM

I’m (pleasantly) surprised there are no suggestions for the next playthrough.

zobraks - 09 December 2013 07:15 AM

Q: Why am I surprised?
A: Because usually some jerk starts lobbying for a new playthrough as soon as a playthrough starts.

Q: Why am I pleasantly surprised?
A: Because I don’t like jerks lobbying for a new playthrough as soon as a playthrough starts.

I strongly believe people should finish one playthrough before jumping into another.
Yeah, I KNOW we live in the age of multitasking, but still…

I said it before mr. z and I will repeat myself. Keep the harsh characterizations for yourself. Personal opinions are like noses. Each one of us has one. You’re not helping anyone this way. Especially when it is you the one who starts the whole thing this time…

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

^ This Thumbs Up Smile

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thumbs Up  Smile Ditto.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Karlok - 10 December 2013 06:33 AM

Yeah, I agree. That Dag is waving his noodles about in the most suspicious way.

I never! I’ll have you know I consistently wave my noodles about in the utmost trivial fashion! Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 4256

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sefir - 10 December 2013 03:12 PM

harsh characterizations

I’d call them “euphemisms”.

it is you the one who starts the whole thing this time…

Oh, really? Gee, I don’t think so.
I SURE didn’t suggest another playthrough (I was happy nobody did so, remember?), I only commented the fact that the usual didn’t occur.

However, I appologize if I stirred some of the regular patients. That was not my intention.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 11 December 2013 02:37 AM

harsh characterizations

I’d call them “euphemisms”.

it is you the one who starts the whole thing this time…

Oh, really? Gee, I don’t think so.
I SURE didn’t suggest another playthrough (I was happy nobody did so, remember?), I only commented the fact that the usual didn’t occur.

However, I appologize if I stirred some of the regular patients. That was not my intention.

Call them whatever you like. It doesnt change the fact that they are plainly insulting towards other forum members. As for your thoughts of you not starting the whole thing: It is like me going to your “guess the screenshot” thread and saying something like “Gee! I’m happy noone thought of taking unique screenshots from youtube instead of various well-known to zobraks sites so that it would be really hard to guess them” or “I am really happy noone uses the Google image finder to cheat” and denying I started the fire. But since you promised not to do this again (at least that is what a sincere apology means in my eyes) I will not continue this discussion any further.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Not to stir the pot any further, but I perceived zobraks’ tone as more humorous than insulting Confused

Now, where’s those rose gardens zobraks promised?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 4256

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Dag - 11 December 2013 09:36 AM

Now, where’s those rose gardens zobraks promised?

Sefir - 11 December 2013 03:24 AM

your “guess the screenshot” thread

That thread is not mine, I’m only hogging it (mainly because others are not interested in it too much).

Sefir - 11 December 2013 03:24 AM

Call them whatever you like. It doesnt change the fact that they are plainly insulting towards other forum members.

A stranger comes to a village, sees a group of women walking in front of him and he exclaims, “Good morning, evil woman!”. Instantly one of the women turns around and retorts, “How can you be sure I’m evil!?! You don’t know anything about me!”

That’s a popular story that speaks volumes.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 12 December 2013 03:01 AM

A stranger comes to a village, sees a group of women walking in front of him and he exclaims, “Good morning, evil woman!”. Instantly one of the women turns around and retorts, “How can you be sure I’m evil!?! You don’t know anything about me!”

Cool! That’s called fenoodling your way into a group of attractive women. (Hint: Concentrate on the one who responds.)

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2013-11-29

PM

With January 4th behind us, and the latest CP all wrapped up… time for a new CP? Grin

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Tesla Effect will be released in a couple of months, so let’s play The Pandora Directive! Heart Iznogood already offered to lead it. Anybody interested?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The following list of games was proposed in the last voting. Do you people feel like voting some time soon?

Discworld
Fahrenheit
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive
Mission Critical
RAMA:
Memoria
Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist
Dreamfall
Spycraft
Dragonsphere
The 7th Guest
The Cat Lady
Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure
Sanitarium
Full Throttle
Toonstruck
Grim Fandango
Stupid Invaders

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2013-11-29

PM

Karlok - 06 January 2014 04:59 AM

Tesla Effect will be released in a couple of months, so let’s play The Pandora Directive! Heart Iznogood already offered to lead it. Anybody interested?

I wouldn’t mind… actually I’ve heard enough about the Tex Murphy series to want to finally get into it. One question though… would it be crucial for me to have played the older Tex Murphy games before playing The Pandora Directive?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Not crucial, no. You would miss a few inside jokes and references of course. Most people consider The Pandora Directive the best Tex Murphy game. It also has three different routes to choose from, plus two difficulty modes, so it has replayability value if you later decide to play Under A Killing Moon.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top