• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Veoviswalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #42: Fran Bow

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Welcome to the community playthrough of Fran Bow!!

Now, this game is about the creepiest I’ve ever played. If you liked The Cat Lady and Kathy Rain this game should be your cup of tea too. The puzzles can be downright strange, don’t be afraid to use a walk-through if you have too.

This site’s review was very accurate to me:

The Good:
Memorable characters; beautifully detailed graphics and great sound; substantial playtime; creepy atmosphere.

The Bad:
Some plot holes are never explained; story and presentation might be too grim for some.

“Fran Bow’s parents were brutally murdered, and the only thing the troubled little girl had left was her cat and aunt Grace who takes care of her. Following another traumatic event, the cat vanishes and she is taken to an asylum for mad children. One day the cat appears in her dreams and Fran starts to plot her escape. Along the way back home, she will get help from strange creatures and find out that the murder of her parents is even more terrible than she imagined, before she finally confronts the one responsible.”

Here is your playthrough schedule:

Boot up the game and make sure it works - By March 17th

Complete Chapter 1 - by March 24th

Complete Chapter 2 - by March 31st

Complete Chapter 3 - by April 7th

Complete Chapter 4 - by April 14th

Complete Chapter 5 and end the game - by April 21st

Chapters 2 and 4 are the longest but can easily be completed in a week (or just start each a little early, or finish each a little late and catch up).

As you complete each part of the game - post your comments so far and use spoilers as needed.

Tim or an admin - please pin this thread.

Heart

Image Attachments

Fran_Bow.jpg

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I have never played the game before, I loved The Cat Lady and if this game is similar in some features as far as twisted and creepy then I estimate that it will be a game that I will enjoy a lot, I hope so of course.

Ok, I just tried the game and it works correctly, and for Gosh’s sake I saw the presentation ... and it was awesome!!!

I can’t wait to get started.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ready to go

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I pinned this for you.  I will be getting my copy of the game later today.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Installed and ready to go. Actually I already went through the intro to the start of Chapter 1. Intriguing opening…

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I installed the game and played to the beginning of Chapter 1 also.  Poor Fran!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Ready to go also

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now installed the game, played through the prologue & ready to start Chapter 1!

I was quite intrigued by the Menu screen where, if you haven’t noticed already, Fran’s eyes roll around when you move the cursor.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This game is kinda like the last chapter of Kathy Rain - for all it’s chapters!

I actually paid $19.95 for this game, got the deluxe version with some extra material like this:

And we are going to follow a schedule - so no reminders from me:

Boot up the game and make sure it works - by March 17th

Complete Chapter 1 - by March 24th

Complete Chapter 2 - by March 31st

Complete Chapter 3 - by April 7th

Complete Chapter 4 - by April 14th

Complete Chapter 5 and end the game - by April 21st

I will ask that this game be unpinned on April 23rd however (Lady Kristel, do your duty!).

I am looking forward to all the interesting posts this game generates!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7420

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Played the intro. Ready to go.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I too am ready to go.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That intro sure is something, looks like we are in for one happy game!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

My avatar is ready, I am ready, my mood is ready. Let’s f* do it. : ) “happy face”...

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

That intro sure is something, looks like we are in for one happy game!

Yup, if you think the intro is something, wait for chapter 1, enjoy!!!!!!

Heart

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve finished Chapter 1.
So far it’s a very sad & disturbing tale, wonderfully presented, made all the more poignant by the fact that, apart from Fran’s parents, children are the victims here being abused by an establishment that’s supposed to be caring for them. There’s no doubt in my mind that Fran should be in the care of her aunt but I did spot on the patient resumes that the year was 1944? way before mental health issues were really understood.  Also a time when there was a world war raging but it’s too early in the game to know whether this is significant or not.

I liked the idea of the alternative realities which helped on the puzzle front - more Cat Lady then Kathy Rain I thought! 
I only got stuck twice the 1st time not thinking to place the key on the holder in the reception (to get rid of the nurse) whilst functioning in the alternative reality & the 2nd [spoiler] trying to get through the maze which I tried several times until I clicked on the top-right arrows on the screen to find that oh joy! it skipped the sequence! {/spoiler] 

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also finished the first chapter - creppy game. Every time you take a red pill things get gory. The art designer is one twisted person Smile
Form what I take someone is conducting experiments in the traumatized children at the mental institution. And who killed the parents? Maybe auntie or Fran Bow herself… or Mr. Midnight is not really a cat but someone…

chrissie - 18 March 2017 07:34 AM

I’ve finished Chapter 1.
So far it’s a very sad & disturbing tale, wonderfully presented, made all the more poignant by the fact that, apart from Fran’s parents, children are the victims here being abused by an establishment that’s supposed to be caring for them. There’s no doubt in my mind that Fran should be in the care of her aunt but I did spot on the patient resumes that the year was 1944? way before mental health issues were really understood.  Also a time when there was a world war raging but it’s too early in the game to know whether this is significant or not.

Nice catch Has to be 1944, that was the time of lobotomies…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top