• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do we need to evaluate/discuss Daedalic’s achievements & future ?

Poll: What is your favourite Daedalic game so far?
Total Votes: 86
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
The Whispered World
A New Beginning
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Chaos on Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Memoria
Goodbye Deponia
Fire

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 10 March 2017 06:04 PM

What happened to Daedalic page? It doesn’t have any info on their titles.

Weird. Total lack of information. Ugly too.

And why are they talking about Machinarium and Tales of the Monkey Island? They published them in Germany?

Yes. Many other titles as well. I have their boxed Machinarium in addition to the digital version I got at Amanita.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

they pour all their attention inro their FB Page.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its official now (Ken Follett’s) The Pillars of the Earth: Part One is gonna be released at August 15th for PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation4 and Xbox One…

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Advie - 12 July 2017 08:31 AM

its official now (Ken Follett’s) The Pillars of the Earth: Part One is gonna be released at August 15th for PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation4 and Xbox One…

Great! I have to start reading the book asap.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ahenobarbus - 12 July 2017 09:00 AM
Advie - 12 July 2017 08:31 AM

Great! I have to start reading the book asap.

You can always watch the series Smile

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Books are always better Wink but yes, I`ll watch the series too

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i talked to someone from Daedalic and she told The Pillars of the Earth will have the kind of puzzle Silence had, which is good thing i guess, yes?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Its better than nothing. But it being episodic means i will get just the first episode if i can, and drop it if the level of interactivity is bad.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok we are done evaluating Daedalic achievements, and now its Daedlic future/present discussion;
after Silence, Daedalic now seems they are riding the bullet train leaving the classic adventure gaming station behind… forget about ‘The Devil’s Men’ completely, this was brought forward when the crew still had ideas working on at the time when they were still at the AG station, but things have changed, and was obvious that there was something going on with their sudden Silence for 2 years after 3-4 years activity with 3-4 adventures per year and what did they present after this time of Silence, Silence: The Whispered World 2

AER their new published game is a walking/flying Sim, and i gotta say welcome to the mainstream Daedalic .. good luck

from Todd Rigney Review:-

If you have this wonderful setting overflowing with style, alongside an incredible story that you uncover along the way, why water down the experience by presenting the same set of challenges over and over again?

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Daedalic just published AER, so it really isn’t a reflection of what they’re making themselves.

Clearly, though, they’re trying to diversify.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Having a diverse portfolio isn’t really a bad thing for a developer/publisher that is growing larger. Even back in the 80’s Sierra did other games and software as well besides adventure games, despite they now are remembered as an adventure company more than anything else.

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Same goes with LucasArts too. Adventure games were only one portion from bigger cake.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ahenobarbus - 09 December 2017 02:44 PM

Adventure games were only one portion from bigger cake.

but the most delicious potion of the Cake Smile

sure!, and Sierra aside from the entertainment and the edutainment… they had given/released softwares that target many business fields (buyers) and those actually at the mid 90s were the big portions of the cake, but as said not the most delicious Wink  .. and i am being objective tho its Sierra that i am speaking of.

i ve heard at one interview with Ken that he was on 50** projects, FIFTY being worked on under his supervision, that was around ‘94-96 “cant remember” when Sierra had like other major 4-5 companies work under their’s Umbrella.

but anyways i dont see Deadalic is given any tech software that targets businessmen.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Sorry to hear about The Devil’s Men. I’m not digging Daedalic too much, but that was the game that actually got me intrigued since the first The Whispered World. 

So much for

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

badlemon - 10 December 2017 04:21 AM

Sorry to hear about The Devil’s Men. I’m not digging Daedalic too much, but that was the game that actually got me intrigued since the first The Whispered World. 

dont take my words for granted i could just another charlatan Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top