• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

NEW AGS Maniac Mansion Day of the Tentacle - REMAKE

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2014-10-16

PM

After I’ve read what Zifnab sent, the distinction between what is fair use and what is infringement in a particular case will not always be clear or easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission.

Copyright protects the particular way authors have expressed themselves. It does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in a work.

The safest course is to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. But how am I supposed to get in touch with DISNEY?

Do you guys think I should just pursue the construction of the game and see what happens? Or should I really send a request to DISNEY/Dave Grossman?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-11-17

PM

There was a guy a last year who posted on the adventure game studio forums about doing another Monkey Island game, why not get in touch and see how it went for them?

The safest course is to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. But how am I supposed to get in touch with DISNEY?

http://www.disney.co.uk/mediacontacts/ ?

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2014-10-16

PM

Thank you very much for your reply, I will definitely have a chat with them.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think asking a permission for a free fan remake for DotT from Dinsey would be smart thing to do. The worst thing is that they say point blank no, or ignore it all the way. The best is that they’ll give you OK for it.

Some companies are pretty relaxed about that kind of thing afterall. Activision was cool about the King’s Quest remakes and Paramount is very supportive for fans doing their own Star Trek movies and what not.

If you do approach Disney, you need to explain the whole thing clearly and make sure that they understand that you are indeed doing something as a fan and that the result will be free for everyone.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Thanks to the Spambot for reminding me - I wonder if the official DoTT remaster improves or worsens your chances of working on this.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s probably a dead project now. No way would they allow a fan remake at the same time.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Best bet is always to release the game before announcement.
Once it hits interwebz there is no turning back.

SoR Remake was awesome.

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

nomadsoul - 10 December 2014 05:33 AM

SoR Remake was awesome.

Indeed it was. Man. It really was. In my eyes fan remakes tend to nearly always suck monkeyballs but the SoR remake really blew my mind.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Er…pardon my stupidity, but what’s SoR?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I’m guessing Streets of Rage.

Bt

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 10 December 2014 09:19 AM

Er…pardon my stupidity, but what’s SoR?

Sea of Ragnarok, rare title that was not released outside Japan, some guys translated it and remade it.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

lol I was actually talking about Streets of Rage. Fascinating that there are so many remakes of so many games that an acronym such as SoR can refer to two different games. I have no idea what sea of ragnarok is. Sounds cool though. Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 10 December 2014 11:04 AM

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

theo - 10 December 2014 11:07 AM

lol I was actually talking about Streets of Rage. Fascinating that there are so many remakes of so many games that an acronym such as SoR can refer to two different games. I have no idea what sea of ragnarok is. Sounds cool though. Grin

Well guys, you fell for it Wink
I was actually referring to Streets of Rage, no such game as Sea of Ragnarok Smile,
made it up , was thinking of saying saying Syndrome of Retsuka, another Japanese game that doesn’t exist Wink.

Was just bluffing.

Here is the case,

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-04/13/sega-shuts-down-streets-of-rage-remake

Actually only hit moneymaking games by big companies get this cease hammer, unknown japanese games slip by easily.

Grin

Cheers

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

double lol Grin

Sea of Ragnarok does indeed sound exactly like a trippy japanese nonexistant narrative game. You got me!

That SoR story is so sad. That remake truly was a work of art.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top