• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your Top 10 Adventure Games on Nintendo DS ?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m interested in both Again and Theresia. How fun and playable are they?

Again is OK. Cing’s worst game but worth 10 dollars. Some really like it:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3L69QH5AH4SDJ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3L69QH5AH4SDJ

I found it to be a slightly above average Nintendo DS adventure game.

Thersia - I loved this game. A VERY creepy horror game on the DS. Lots of scares in this game and a highly unusual story.

Not for everyone - very strange and creepy.

Some liked it too:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3B6ARQCY3A453/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3B6ARQCY3A453

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-09-20

PM

Mikekelly - 22 September 2014 08:34 PM

You going to get different opinions from different people. From 2005-2012 the DS was THE system I played adventure games on - the Dsi XL rocks.

1) The Last Window

2) Hotel Dusk

3) Thersia Dear Emily

4) Broken Sword: Director’s Cut *

5) The Last King of Africa *

6) Flower, Sun, Rain

7) Again

8 - Another Code

9) 999

10) Time Hollow

* Denotes a PC Port. Actually, these PC Ports I liked better than the PC originals.

A used Dsi XL is around 60 bucks and these games are 5-15 each. So lots of fun for little $$$$$

I have 104 DS games and these are the cream of my collection.

Heart

Call me crazy but I did play adventure games only on Nintendo DS the past years (after starting with the Atari ST in the 80s, then PC in the 90s Grin )

I’m pretty surprised to see Theresia at #3 and Again at #7 on your list Smile

Looks like the whole “you touch an object, you get tortured” in Theresia didn’t prevent you to have fun Smile

Again, It looks like the psychic stuff that allows you to see the same area in the past is the best thing on it but, from what I’ve read, the cheesiness of the dialogues and the ending are two huge letdown Meh

BTW why do you prefer Last Window to Hotel Dusk ? Just wondering since I do prefer LW over HD too Heart

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Alex Nevermind - 23 September 2014 01:45 PM

BTW why do you prefer Last Window to Hotel Dusk ? Just wondering since I do prefer LW over HD too Heart

It seems to me that most people here prefer Last Window over Hotel Dusk (even though it’s extremely close). Personally I think it’s too close to call. Both games are equally awesome. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The relationship between The Last Window and Hotel Dusk is similar to Dangan Ronpa and Dangan Ronpa 2 - in both cases they built upon the positive aspects of the first game - added some additional play mechanics, improved the graphics and came out with a better game in my opinion.

I say play both - two of the best adventure games ever made and games you won’t likely see again.

The NIntendo DS dual screen was used to great effect in “The Last Window” - and I found the graphics striking - even in 2011 when I played it.

Lots of good information in this thread:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2426/

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top