• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

SweetDalilah - 23 October 2012 11:21 AM

So I’ll have to agree with zobraks here Fien, you should stop assuming something without taking all the facts and looking at the big picture.

Zobraks has said countless times he uses Google for this thread. I discovered Google pics only yesterday, so I always assumed he did some very clever research. If he doesn’t use the special option, great. If you don’t, great. I’ll believe you. But don’t tell me a bloody smiley that can mean anything you like proves he does not. And above all, don’t tell me winning a PIC competition proves you don’t use the special PIC option in Google.

Oh and well done Thumbs Up  for telling everyone about Google images, now every single person who comes to this thread (new users probably) will use that cheating program. Angry Talk about ruining the fun   Foot in mouth

Oh now it’s my fault! Bad Fien ruined this thread? Yeah, right. Get real woman! When I open Google, that option is in plain view, for everybody to see. Fien didn’t betray any state secrets. I clicked on it only yesterday after reading at another forum that the Google option made it impossible to do another competition.

EDIT: Yes, you’re right, I assumed too much. I apologize to Zobraks and to you for that.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 23 October 2012 07:59 AM

What is the special option for pictures anyway? I know about Google Image Search and that’s all.

That’s the one.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

That’s Semi-retired Quiz Demon to you, Mr. Can’t-Die-Until-I-Beat-HandsFree-in-the-Fall-Tournament-At-Least-Once! Tongue

All right, next pic, obviously cropped:

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 4262

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

If my memory serves me well these are the ornamental birds from that cave by the river walk in Time Stand Still (a good old Carol Reed mystery).

I didn’t google it, I actually played the game (recently).

Honestly!

Scout’s hono(u)r!!

Cross my heart and swear to die!!!

P.S. Unlike Trunkyo I cannot come up with any fancy quote related to the bird cave scene.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

And now the comments:

Fien - 23 October 2012 06:44 PM

above all, don’t tell me winning a PIC competition proves you don’t use the special PIC option in Google.

I’ll tell you just so once again: small parts of the screenshots can’t be googled. Or at least I can’t do that.

Fien - 23 October 2012 06:44 PM

I assumed too much. I apologize to Zobraks ... for that.

Apology accepted.
Although you made me look like that guy that cheated in a quiz show.

Fien - 23 October 2012 07:12 PM
zobraks - 23 October 2012 07:59 AM

What is the special option for pictures anyway? I know about Google Image Search and that’s all.

That’s the one.

Pfff… That’s not a tool that can help you here (unless someone is stupid enough to leave the original title of the picture taken from some web site) and no secret at all (if you spent more than a month on the Internet).

Trunkyo - 23 October 2012 10:09 PM

Mr. Can’t-Die-Until-I-Beat-HandsFree-in-the-Fall-Tournament-At-Least-Once! Tongue

Yeah, that’s poor Clumsy all right. He can’t win even with the secret weapon of Luftwaffe secret Google feature (which is secret to no-one) - no matter how much he tries.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 24 October 2012 01:08 AM

Pfff… That’s not a tool that can help you here (unless someone is stupid enough to leave the original title of the picture taken from some web site) and no secret at all (if you spent more than a month on the Internet).

Wrong, the URL doesn’t matter. Right-click, copy the URL, paste it in Google Images, search for similiar images (or whatever the command is in English) and presto. Fortunately doesn’t work for cropped pics, like Diego said. At least not yet. Frown

Two examples. Bonsai’s last pic and one from Trunkyo. Sorry for the Dutch Google.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

for a (very effective) demonstration. It may come handy .

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Oh great, now I’ll have to check if the image I want to post can be googled and if it can try to find the one that can’t be, or crop the image to the minimum and check again if it can be googled (just in case). Uh, so much trouble, like I have time for all that. Makes me give up on this thread… Cry

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

SweetDalilah - 24 October 2012 09:29 AM

Oh great, now I’ll have to check if the image I want to post can be googled and if it can try to find the one that can’t be, or crop the image to the minimum and check again if it can be googled (just in case). Uh, so much trouble, like I have time for all that. Makes me give up on this thread… Cry

Checking the URL takes less than 5 or 6 seconds. Like you don’t spend much, much more time choosing a pic and bickering with Zobraks!

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Fien - 24 October 2012 10:24 AM
SweetDalilah - 24 October 2012 09:29 AM

Checking the URL takes less than 5 or 6 seconds. Like you don’t spend much, much more time choosing a pic and bickering with Zobraks!

That’s true, but it will take me a lot more time to find a pic that can’t be googled. Hmh I wonder if screens taken from youtube can be googled?  Meh

P.S. You made me translate bicker Pan Shifty Eyed

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

zobraks - 24 October 2012 12:53 AM

If my memory serves me well these are the ornamental birds from that cave by the river walk in Time Stand Still (a good old Carol Reed mystery).

I didn’t google it, I actually played the game (recently).

Yes, you’re right, it’s from Time Stand Still. And yes, I remember you saying you’d been playing the Carol Reed games (I played them all myself earlier this year Grin).

(BTW, achieving 4th place in the MM Fall Tournament was always my realistic goal, i.e. leading the “second-tier” participants WinkWink, so I’m glad to have accomplished that. Smile If only I had more time in Week 1 to guess Beasty’s puzzle, maybe, just maybe I could have challenged for at least 3rd place. Meh)

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Trunkyo - 24 October 2012 11:13 AM

achieving 4th place in the MM Fall Tournament was always my realistic goal

Achieveng 1st place there was always my megalomaniac semi-realistic goal. Too bad HF was always in the way.

Here’s a fresh picture:

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You can, you know. (Google it.) Did you crop it?

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oscar - 24 October 2012 01:02 PM

You can, you know. Google it.

That’s fine with me.

Did you crop it?

If you know what game it is from, you also already have the answer to that question.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

zobraks - 24 October 2012 01:07 PM

Did you crop it?

If you know what game it is from, you also already have the answer to that question.

I just wanted to know if cropped pictures still show up. I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top