• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 4267

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

skeeter_93 - 19 October 2012 07:17 AM

the giant head looks familiar.

Sure. It’s from Simon the Sorcerer 64, er, 5.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 22 October 2012 03:20 PM
skeeter_93 - 19 October 2012 07:17 AM

the giant head looks familiar.

Sure. It’s from Simon the Sorcerer 64, er, 5.

Oh look, a correct guess! Who would have thought this could ever happen.  Crazy

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

SweetDalilah - 22 October 2012 05:55 PM

Do you people still think this guessing game is fun when every idiot can now look up pics with Google? It took me all of 10 seconds to find it.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 22 October 2012 07:19 PM

Do you people still think this guessing game is fun when every idiot can now look up pics with Google? It took me all of 10 seconds to find it.

Even though there’re ways to prevent it - like customizing and cropping your pic, I don’t see why it still wouldn’t be fun? If someone wants to google the answer and feels happy about guessing it, that’s fine with me. Let me use the best video game quote about playing on easy difficulty from Myth: “The sweet taste of success will turn to ashes in your mouth”. Like using a walkthrough in an adventure. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You’re right. I had no idea you could do that until now.

Somehow I think some of the “guessers” have been doing this all along. This explains why my Return to Zork shots taken using printscreen took about 5 screens to guess, plus hints.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 22 October 2012 08:00 PM

“The sweet taste of success will turn to ashes in your mouth”. Like using a walkthrough in an adventure. Grin

Ouch. Five minutes ago I consulted a walkthrough because I was hopelessly stuck in Chaos on Deponia. When I started playing, I was determined to take my time and solve everything all by myself. And now, with the taste of ashes in my mouth, I know that I would never have found the correct solution.

PS: Oscar, I checked three of your pics. Only the one with the trees can be identified on Google. Plus the last one, probably.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 22 October 2012 08:22 PM

You’re right. I had no idea you could do that until now.

Somehow I think some of the “guessers” have been doing this all along. This explains why my Return to Zork shots taken using printscreen took about 5 screens to guess, plus hints.

...or my Daedalus Encounter shots (also taken taken using printscreen) another 5. I didn’t know about this option either. I guess it explains a lot….

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Do you people still think this guessing game is fun when every idiot can now look up pics with Google?

I’ve been using Google since the dawn of time (actually that’s the only way I can guess something), and it’s still FUN to win!

diego - 22 October 2012 08:00 PM

If someone wants to google the answer and feels happy about guessing it, that’s fine with me. “The sweet taste of success will turn to ashes in your mouth”. Like using a walkthrough in an adventure. Grin

Opinion seconded.

And now for something completely different:

Let’s see who’ll spit the ashes now.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 23 October 2012 02:29 AM

I’ve been using Google since the dawn of time (actually that’s the only way I can guess something), and it’s still FUN to win!

All this time, when I admired you for your ability to guess games you haven’t played,  you’ve been using the special option for picsin Google??

Embarassed

I wish I hadn’t discovered that option. I wish I’d never posted about it. I’m disillusioned. This thread reduced to a race who copies and pastes fastest in Google.

PS: I don’t believe you. So why didn’t you find my Beyond Time pic at Google?

PPS: I got it now. My first pic is not on Google, the second one is. So THAT is why SweetD said I’d cropped it very well. I didn’t understand what she meant, but now I do. Et tu, SweetD. All the joy has gone out of this thread for me.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

I’ve never used this so called special option in google.
However it doesn’t really bother me if someone does use it, I just need to make sure and crop my pics well.

That picture looks like the surface of Mars

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 23 October 2012 04:13 AM
zobraks - 23 October 2012 02:29 AM

All this time, when I admired you for your ability to guess games you haven’t played,  you’ve been using the special option for pics in Google??

Embarassed

Christ. Either you can’t read smilies or I suck at using them, for I was just kidding.
I reckon I proved my guessing abilities (WITHOUT Google or anything similar) a hundred times before (try googling something here or here) and now you come not believing me. I really thought you knew better than that.

Do you really believe I googled all those teeny-tiny pictures in Chrissie’s quiz (or all the other ‘detail quizzes’ for that matter)? Just try googling symbols from Trunkyo’s quiz... And so on and so on.

What is the special option for pictures anyway? I know about Google Image Search and that’s all.

This thread reduced to a race who copies and pastes fastest in Google.

I think you’re wrong, but you’re free to believe whatever you want, of course.

So why didn’t you find my Beyond Time pic at Google?

Because I don’t google pictures people post here.

SpeedBo - 23 October 2012 06:34 AM

That picture looks like the surface of Mars

It sure does.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

It’s the surface of Merz/Murz from Zork Grand Inquisitor, after totemization.
(Dalboz: “Hey hey, this is pretty! Why are you turning blue?”)

I still like guessing screenshots of scenes I recognize, from games I’ve actually played, but those scenes are fewer and farther between.

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Trunkyo - 23 October 2012 10:27 AM

It’s the surface of Merz/Murz from Zork Grand Inquisitor, after totemization.
(Dalboz: “Hey hey, this is pretty! Why are you turning blue?”)

That was another overkill from our favo(u)rite Quiz Demon.

Need I say he’s right (once again)?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I got it now. My first pic is not on Google, the second one is. So THAT is why SweetD said I’d cropped it very well. I didn’t understand what she meant, but now I do. Et tu, SweetD. All the joy has gone out of this thread for me.

False, I said that because I recognized that frame you cropped, from another pic. It’s the first screen on The Legacy, and I visit Legacy quite a lot. Grin

Plus you should know by now that I don’t cheat. If I don’t recognize the pic, quote, character etc I wait for another one, and I think I have proven myself enough by winning the 5th place in crissie’s quiz and winning the 2nd place in HandsFree’s quiz. And those quizzes were really hard. Crazy
And I have scored some great points in SuperEdy’s quiz and that was a year ago. I think it’s safe to assume google didn’t have that option back then.

So I’ll have to agree with zobraks here Fien, you should stop assuming something without taking all the facts and looking at the big picture.

Oh and well done Thumbs Up  for telling everyone about Google images, now every single person who comes to this thread (new users probably) will use that cheating program. Angry Talk about ruining the fun   Foot in mouth

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 22 October 2012 08:28 PM

Ouch. Five minutes ago I consulted a walkthrough because I was hopelessly stuck in Chaos on Deponia.

Oh, come on, Fienepien, you know well what I had in mind. Grin I too use walkthroughs from time to time, but overusing it just spoils the fun.

zobraks - 23 October 2012 10:36 AM

That was another overkill from our favo(u)rite Quiz Demon.

Meh, he googled it.  Sarcastic

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top