• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleDinahPence

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Activision teases return of Sierra brand

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Jim Purcell - 15 August 2014 06:13 AM

General question, how would you guys feel if Activation brought back ZORK under the Sierra brand?

I’m kind of hoping they do that and not just with ZORK. Activision has been sitting on too much good IP for too long. Even pure Activision titles like Pitfall or Interstate ‘76 could still be explored. It’s a matter of finding the right developer to work with.

Gee, this Sierra brand could end up being like an indie dev version of The Twilight Zone Movie, where the best indie devs reinterpret classic IP. Let’s see Frictional’s version of Phantasmagoria or The Fullbright Company’s take on Crash Bandicoot.  Laughing

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeh, Activision is one of those giants that has been sitting on the top of huge load of IP’s. Maybe now that smaller scale game have shown they have merit, Activision will let those older IP’s to roll out as well. I’m sure there’s a lot of devs, who would love the change to tackle Zork or Pitfall or what have you.

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

I’m torn about this. It could certainly lead to a few gems.
But at the same time I want to see adventure games restored to their old glory and not beloved IPs used for small budget experiments.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Looks like Sierra is back this month
First game is not an adventure, Geometry Wars 3 will be launching 25/11

It does have the new Sierra logo that will probably be showing up in the new releases

Kings Quest next

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Shnubble - 22 August 2014 10:32 AM

I’m torn about this. It could certainly lead to a few gems.
But at the same time I want to see adventure games restored to their old glory and not beloved IPs used for small budget experiments.

It’s all about the games with me, not the use/abuse of the logo.
I can’t imagine anyone buying something because of the logo.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Kid having PS4 in bottom right, but still decided to play this:

The future is bright!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Haha, awesome Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top