• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieshanethewolfzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Spain just ain’t what it used to be, there’s no chemistry between players, it’s obvious and on top of that you get that “Pedro incident” in the middle of the tournament - it just tells things aren’t right. De Gea was very poor against Croatia, and I was expecting Casillas to step up today, but Del Bosque is certainly a stubborn man, also with Fabregas in the middle, with perhaps some better options on the bench (Koke from Atletico Madrid, also Mata had a great season but wasn’t even called for the squad). Italy showing once again the best spirit and unity of all teams. They’re also very dangerous up front on counters, with Giacherini and Eder. Too bad Germany or Italy will have to pack things for home as soon as quarterfinals. From all we’ve seen, they’re two of the best teams on the tournament.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 27 June 2016 02:13 PM

Too bad Germany or Italy will have to pack things for home as soon as quarterfinals. From all we’ve seen, they’re two of the best teams on the tournament.

That’s true, terrible that one of them is already going home. Italy specially had a lot of bad luck with the draw…

Crazy start to England-Iceland!!!!! Already 1-1

Total Posts: 5836

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oh heck - Iceland’s winning!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Come on England. That is really sad!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Is that Icelandic Commentator ready for more over the top screaming. 2 mins to go

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes! Iceland goes through!
Let the Brexit puns begin!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

OMG England are OUT!!!!

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I am so disgusted right now. That was the worst performance I have ever seen by any team.

I think we should be banned from all international competition for the next 5 years.

English Football est mort.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Another Euro Exit, Another boss resigns.

Hodgson steps down.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great celebration by Iceland players and fans:
https://streamable.com/pioh

Hodgson stepping down seems the only thing to do after another english disappointment.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Players were awful, it’s not all Hodgson’s mistake. I blame him for not having the courage to put 3 strikers up front, with Ronney acting behind 2 classic forwards. Instead, he made up a new position for Rooney (which should be Wilshere’s at first place).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/08/magazine/the-burden-of-being-messi.html?_r=0

Old but still relevant and interesting article.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Remain 0 - 2 Leave

Seriously .. I didn’t knew the English was that eager to leave Europe.

Roy Hodgson should be the next British prime minister, as he is the only man in England with a coherent plan for leaving Europe.

The people have spoken and England’s footballers are listening.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Italy showing once again the best spirit and unity of all teams.

Actually, it’s only the second match where they showed that. There was none of it vs Sweden and vs Ireland, imo. Especially the Sweden match was piss-poor.

Iceland wins for best spirit and unity of all teams, imo.

SoccerDude28 - 27 June 2016 04:44 PM

Come on England. That is really sad!

They moved on the pitch like a bunch of geriatrics. Worst team performance of all the matches in the tournament, imo. I don’t get how they were even worse in the second half.

Instead of waiting for his resignation after the match, the FA should’ve sacked Hodgson in the 55th minute for still not having brought on Vardy, who should’ve been a starter.
I don’t get how you qualify with 30/30 playing 4-4-2 and then for no reason whatsoever play 4-3-3 in the final tournament, and leaving the in-form striker on the bench. And still playing Rooney who is far too bad as a striker nowadays, and lacks creativity to be a decent playmaker in midfield.

And then Hodgson waits until the 87th minute to bring in Rashford. He had a full 6 minutes to liven up the match. It’s almost like England WANTED to lose. Vardy and Rashford were the only two that did any running in the entire second half.

And in the meantime, Iceland were defending solidly (that tackle in the box by Sigurdsson on Vardy was a thing of beauty!). Well-deserved win.

Top notch defending!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 28 June 2016 02:51 AM

Italy showing once again the best spirit and unity of all teams.

Actually, it’s only the second match where they showed that. There was none of it vs Sweden and vs Ireland, imo. Especially the Sweden match was piss-poor.

Sweden, no matter how poor they played here, is a very stubborn, hard team to crack, almost like Iceland (albeit with a longer and better tradition). Italy was nervous, yes, it was a second match in the group and anything could still happen, yet they still managed to win 1:0. Against Ireland it didn’t matter any more, they were cemented first in the group, and when you offer holiday to Italian, he’ll hardly refuse.

wilco - 27 June 2016 04:50 PM

Let the Brexit puns begin!

How about:

Sigthorsson
Sigurdsson
Hodgson

Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top