• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 17 December 2016

Total Posts: 5597

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jewels of the Oracle

This 1995 game is a pure puzzler.  The player’s task is to explore each of the the 24 rooms and solve the stand-alone puzzle found in each one.  The oracle, a strange triangular head with an impressive deep voice, can be found in the center of the complex and also appears at the top of the screen to give rather esoteric hints about the puzzles.  When you solve one, you earn a jewel to take to the oracle.  There’s really not much of a plot, but I loved the ancient style of the rooms and the look of each puzzle.  In the one above, the player must use the golden calipers to move across the board based on the number of triangles in each space.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Ah, yes.  I remember buying this when I was a game newbie mostly because it was pretty cheap and I thought it was a regular game.  Disappointment kept me from getting very far into it.  Maybe I ought to give it another try if only to see the different rooms.

Total Posts: 5597

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sometimes a puzzle game is just what I need, so I enjoyed it.  If I remember correctly, most of the puzzles could be adjusted to either easy or difficult, depending on the player’s preference.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top