• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DinahPence

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 2 October 2016

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Before Ceville, there was The Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcolm’s Revenge with an antihero that will show to players during the course of the game that he’s not THAT bad!

This was one of the earliest examples of a “mood” system in adventures, and there’s a lot of non-linearity. Compared to previous Kyrandia chapters, this one is also with a crappier graphics and shorter.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

The mood system was a lot of fun…
Legend of Kyrandia 2 and 3 were some of my favorite games as a game (the first one is not great though), I should play them again.

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

The main thing I remember from Legend of Kyrandia 3 was that it had quite some tedious segments (making doilies, letting dogs dig for…something? It’s been a while.) and it had one of my pet peeves: mazes where in room 1 you go left, then in room 2 you go right, you don’t end up back in room 1.

2 is my favourite, though I also think 1 has its charm. Especially that maze. One of the few (the only?) mazes I love playing through. 3 just didn’t get to those standards imho.

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top