• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 13 September

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript is indeed a “typical” Kheops title, though I feel it has a special “charm” - it looks and plays modern for a 2006, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that there’s the feel and charisma of late 90s in it. I don’t know if similarities to Da Vinci’s workshop in Journeyman Project 2 have anything to do with it…

As for The Da Vinci Code “craze” that hit the world in 2006, it couldn’t have been more different to it. Reminds me how much I enjoyed playing Pirates of The Caribbean by Sea Dog company in 2003, with Johnny Depp nowhere in sight…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I loved this game. It had a lot of atmosphere and nice detail, but also a great sense of systems that actually worked - I’d go further than 90s and say it reminded me of a (good) text adventure in some ways.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I remember playing Secrets of Da Vinci. It, too, was good, but the 3D interface was horrible. It’s probably the reason I don’t like the interface to this day. I think if you’re going to create a game with a 3D interface, you must also create a menu option to slow it down.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have this game installed and played about an hour of it about 6 months ago before getting sidetracked with community playthroughs.  I like the environment and puzzles so far, but I’m going to have to start it again from the beginning because I don’t remember what I’m supposed to do.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 14 September 2016 01:54 PM

I’m going to have to start it again from the beginning because I don’t remember what I’m supposed to do.

Well…the game is called Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript. So if I had to guess, I’d say the goal would be to a) unite the tribes of the animal forest kingdom by recovering the Orb of Vicissitude; or b) to recover your kidnapped girlfriend from alien space-pirate El Vómito and his crew. My bet is on B, personally.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top