• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 31 August 2016

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

After some angst about a screenshot to epitomise summer for this final post in the season I decided to use this one of a view of Carol Reed’s allotment in the 4th game in the series: East Side Story.
I thought it was a little more interesting than the one of the bright blue sky with just a smattering of white clouds as the game starts…..
“This is what my summer looks like. From the hammock, that is.  I’m spending most of my time here at my allotment. And that’s the way it will be all summer.” 

The vacation doesn’t quite work out for Carol as she receives a letter that lures her into an investigation spoiling her otherwise idyllic plan but otherwise it seemed like a wonderful way to spend a summer! Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Carol never has a relaxing summer. I suspect that she doesn’t really want one. Part of the interest in these games for me is that the settings often seem idyillic, yet the evil-doers don’t realize that they should just sit around and drink in the lovely surroundings. There’s a contrast between the beauty of nature and the inhumanity of man.

How’s that for some vacation philosophizing?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Both of you catch my AGSOTD post. We need to discuss.

I love these games. I’m not sure how original photography becomes such an integral part of these games, but it does.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top