• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 13 August 2016

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Traitors Gate

The premise of the game is a bit silly.  You, as the US agent, Raven, have to break into the Tower of London and replace the crown jewels with fakes outfitted with tracking devices in order to thwart a master thief who is planning to steal them.  Despite this improbable plot, I found the game to be challenging and fun to play.  Where else can you get a virtual tour of the Tower, like Anne Boleyn’s chamber shown above,  while picking up all kinds of treasures and using an impressive PDA and high-tech weapons?  You even get to slog through a maze of sewers under the tower to get into different areas.  Of course, if (or, as in my case, when) you get caught, you will most likely trigger a diplomatic nightmare, but at least you’ll get the higher ups on both sides of the pond talking as they should have done in the first place.  Wink

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 August 2016 01:33 AM

You, as the US agent, Raven, have to break into the Tower of London and replace the crown jewels with fakes outfitted with tracking devices in order to thwart a master thief who is planning to steal them.

Because the thief has connections in the UK that would have alerted him had the British just done this candidly as a precaution????? Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 13 August 2016 02:52 AM

Because the thief has connections in the UK that would have alerted him had the British just done this candidly as a precaution????? Gasp

No, because the Americans don’t want to tell the British that the thief is an American who stole classified files he had access to. Still silly, I suppose.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4256

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

*deleted*

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 13 August 2016 03:16 AM

*deleted*

Noticed your sig just now. You are not leaving. I forbid you to leave. Okay? Good, that’s settled then.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I really liked this game. Although there were parts, e.g., the underwater “maze,” that I really hated. I think a few people think I “cheated” because of the way I played. I would save a game. play/restore the next sequence until I could do it perfectly, then restore one final time, play the sequence and save. Repeat. I’m fairly certain that I couldn’t have finished the game playing any other way. Even if I had a walkthrough.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, this was a save-at-every-doorway kind of game.  I didn’t use the PDA much in the beginning because it was something I hadn’t encountered before in a game.  When I realized how to use it, things went a bit smoother.  Also, the inventory access was rather clunky because only a few things appeared at a time.  Since the game allowed you to pick up items you’d never need, it became very cumbersome to find a needed object.  The part I found most difficult was the timed section with the gas cylinders.  It took me forever to get that part right.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top