• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 8 June

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Cruising the Caribbean, lying on a deckchair sipping long-drinks and enjoying the sun, only getting up to go for a swim or to attend a beach party, enjoy the local cuisine, perhaps a small summer romance, and in general just enjoying life at a slower pace under the sun - that is not a bad way to spend your summer!

And that was exactly what Sunny Blonde had planned in So Blonde.

Except things don’t always goes as planned, and during a freak storm she falls overboard and ends up - no, not shipwrecked on a deserted island, that has been done a million times before - instead she ends up in the 18th century Caribbean with pirates and everything - Ahhrrrr!

Or to be more accurate she ends up on an island that is cursed and has been frozen in time, so that everything is as it was a couple of hundreds of years ago with pirates and everything. It is now up to Sunny to right things and find a way to lift the curse, so she can return to civilization, cell phones and shopping.

A brilliant game, to bad the sequel wasn’t quite up to standard.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I thought So Blonde was a very good game which didn’t seem to be so much appreciated - there were different ways around to be had in the game-play along with extras & many references to be found within from other games & films + variations on the endings depending on what you had done. Yes, it was an engaging game that also followed the interesting path of a spoilt young woman that had to change to survive.    Smile

The sequel? Was that Back to the Island? I thought it was only available on Nintendo DS?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 08 June 2016 01:41 PM

The sequel? Was that Back to the Island? I thought it was only available on Nintendo DS?

Back to the Island is indeed only DS and I haven’t played it or know anything about it whatsoever - But no, I was thinking about Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle, which technically is more of a spin-off than a sequel. Not a terrible game, but also not nearly as good as So Blonde.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 08 June 2016 02:43 PM
chrissie - 08 June 2016 01:41 PM

Back to the Island is indeed only DS and I haven’t played it or know anything about it whatsoever - But no, I was thinking about Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle, which technically is more of a spin-off than a sequel. Not a terrible game, but also not nearly as good as So Blonde.

I thought that Captain Morgane was a decent enough game - I thought more prequel (as it starts of with her as a child) but yes, more of a spin-off as it just didn’t connect to So Blonde & the sighting/presence of Sunny Blonde within the game just really didn’t make sense. The game certainly didn’t have all of the intricacies of So Blonde but it was okay!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top