• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 6 April

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

(Sorry for the poor image quality, I lifted it from a youtube playthrough)

Have you ever encountered a puzzle where the solution was so shocking, crazy or unexpected, that it has burned itself into your memory and you will never forget it, even if you forget everything else about the game?

Well, I have, in the form of this puzzle in Sam & Max: Hit the Road

The puzzle is as such simple enough: You are in a love tunnel with your best buddy, you need to stop the boat so you can investigate on foot. Fortunately there is a breaker box that will do just that, unfortunately you haven’t got any tools you can use, and simply operating it with your hands will just electrocute you. So what do you do?

Simple, [spoiler]you grab you best buddy, dip him in the water and hurl him into the breaker box so he short-circuits the whole damn thing [/spoiler] Fortunately your best buddy is an anthropomorphic hyperkinetic, three-foot rabbity thing, and the whole thing is very cartoonish, so there is no permanent damage - But never the less!

I honestly can’t remember how I came up with this solution, perhaps I was just trying random things, using Max on different items/people just to see what will happen, is something you do often in this game. What I do remember is that I was first genuinely shocked, and when I had recovered from the shock, I laughed for about half an hour Grin

And yeah I know, second Sam & Max game in a row, but, well ...

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I think I solved this one by using everything on everything as well.

Yay for cartoon violence. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top