• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 8 March

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Happy International Women’s Day to all female members of the forum! Kiss (no way I’m late!!)

As for King’s Quest, they lie it’s working on XP. It’s not. I’m glad for all the praise the game gets, but I’m not touching my XP-based machine until I finish all the older games first. Yeah, tough luck King’s Quest! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LOL, XP!!
this game makes my PC go nuts on me, full 100% CPU usage sometimes, and overheat, and i am working on whats supposed to be one of the latest models!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 10 March 2016 06:47 PM

LOL, XP!!
this game makes my PC go nuts on me, full 100% CPU usage sometimes, and overheat, and i am working on whats supposed to be one of the latest models!

Hey, there was only one game that was the reason for me to upgrade the machine - Mask of Eternity, when I bought Voodoo 3dfx! Why would I want for this game… wait, this IS a King’s Quest game! But hey, we’re talking drastic measures here, downgrading from the best operating system ever. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ok, when i visit you i will bring you one of my Cheapest guitars and you give that Ex Machina!, deal? Crazy

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Don’t know what you mean by a “cheap guitar”. You can buy a Les Paul knock off that’s made in South Korea, and it sounds great and performs well, and is a lot less expensive that a Gibson. But I would never call it cheap. Just less expensive!  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’d almost say it’s worth upgrading just for that game. I was very skeptical when I bought it (got the first chapter during a sale at $0.99) but it was way better than expected and I bought the full season pass straightaway.

The first chapter starts a bit slowly and I think it would have been maybe better without the first sequence in the dragon cave but after that the game is really good. I’d say it’s the best game to come out in the last 5 years (even beating the Journey Down chapter 2 which held the previous crown for me). So if ever there was a game to upgrade for, it’s this one.

The only real complaints I have is the save system (I wish there was a normal save system which would allow more exploration, as it is I have to copy over my save slot to backup my save like if it were console game) and dialogue skipping in the first episode (they added it to the second chapter so at least they listen).

Interestingly too, it’s the first time I see an episodic game done really right. The first two episodes are pretty much independent from each other and feel more like separate games than episodes. So, waiting between episodes is not so much of a pain and it’s possible to start playing now.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

rtrooney - 10 March 2016 07:34 PM

Don’t know what you mean by a “cheap guitar”. You can buy a Les Paul knock off that’s made in South Korea, and it sounds great and performs well, and is a lot less expensive that a Gibson. But I would never call it cheap. Just less expensiveSmile

you ve got me corrected Tim, exactly!

...and i was talking Mexican strat Smile, really! great guitar, the only difference (from the US) if noticeable; is heard on Massive Cabinets, and to tell you the truth, no way i have this adapted ears (to this kinda of sensitivity) to tell that this is outta own experience, but i do trust a great guitarist who once told me this little hint.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have a Mexican Tele. The Mex costs $599 US. The US costs a whole lot more. Played them both. Hard for me to tell the difference. That said, I have a really great technician that makes everything sound great.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hey, I wouldn’t sell my Mexican maple Strat for any money! No way, amigo! Grin Just like I wouldn’t give my XP away. Crazy

(and just how the International Women’s Day thread turned into the masculine guitar talk? Tongue ).

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

diego - 10 March 2016 10:10 PM

(and just how the International Women’s Day thread turned into the masculine guitar talk? Tongue ).

Thread drift. And Great thread drift. Other guitars are my Agile 3010 Les Paul copy which I wouldn’t trade for anything. I have a PRS Angelus acoustic. Also made in South Korea, And a Cordoba thin-neck/thin body nylon acoustic that is make in China.

As long as they play well…..

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 10 March 2016 06:41 PM

Happy International Women’s Day

Thank you, but that was a while ago. You must have walked into a crop circle (in March?!?) and lost three days of time.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, if it’s Tuesday, this must be Belgium!

Wait, I AM in Belgium…

Now I’m confused… Crazy

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 10 March 2016 10:10 PM

I’ve never played any of the KQ games so I don’t mind!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top