• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday, 12 December

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To the Moon

Frank Sinatra was born on December 12, and one of his biggest hits was “Fly Me to the Moon”. Now, you see, few days ago also appeared the video of, admittedly Stanley Kubrick telling that the Moon landing was a fake. If there’s anything that looks fake that’s “Stanley Kubrick” and they should have tried with “Old John Lennon” IMO. Wink

(Oh, yeah, do yourself a favor and play To the Moon.)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I honestly don’t understand what people like about To the Moon. I admit I didn’t finish it, so I may have missed the best parts: emotions, right? But it was too much for me: annoying long conversations and terribly unfunny jokes, awkward navigation, ugly graphics, silly puzzles/quests.

Sorry.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

To the moon is great. It’s a quick game that can be completed in one evening but the story stayed with me for days after I finished it.  The sound track by Kan Gao is also very good and really fits the game perfectly.

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Karlok - 13 December 2015 09:53 PM

I honestly don’t understand what people like about To the Moon. I admit I didn’t finish it, so I may have missed the best parts: emotions, right? But it was too much for me: annoying long conversations and terribly unfunny jokes, awkward navigation, ugly graphics, silly puzzles/quests.

Sorry.

The game is definitely flawed, I’ll give you that and I actually agree with what you don’t like. I’m still on the fence about calling it a game, it’s more of a narrative experience… But I loved the story, the emotions, the music and in the end, it was a very touching experience.

Also, for anyone who hasn’t played it. Do yourself a favor, reserve enough time to play it in one sitting, it’s not a game to stop and come again (same as a movie really)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I agree with giom. It takes four hours, four-and-a-half max to finish this. Try to do so in one sitting.
I did, and I spent the better part of the last two hours crying.

It’s a great game, with amazing music and a great emotional story to tell.

Just look past the 16-bit RPG graphics, lack of real puzzles, and very hit-and-miss geek humour by Dr. Neil Watts.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t have the patience anymore to wait until a game gets better. I played To The Moon for at least an hour.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, I thought it was good from the start. That it only got better was just bonus.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-12-03

PM

Too much Courths-Mahler for me. So I stopped playing as well.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I agree that the music played a big part. The serious story, and the humor that reciprocates it makes for a unique experience. Kan Gao made other (similar) games but it can’t be always a winning formula, with so little gameplay to offer.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 13 December 2015 09:53 PM

Sorry.

Hey that’s fine. You stated your opinion about it. You expressed - emotions! Wink  Heart

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

diego - 14 December 2015 11:43 AM

I agree that the music played a big part. The serious story, and the humor that reciprocates it makes for a unique experience. Kan Gao made other (similar) games but it can’t be always a winning formula, with so little gameplay to offer.

Yes, as much as I loved To the moon, I just couldn’t get into A Bird Story…

Total Posts: 5836

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I loved To the Moon - I really didn’t like the graphics so it didn’t immediately appeal but I was completely grabbed by the gameplay after about 15 minutes & the story which really goes on to be quite a beautiful one! If you like stories the game’s well worth it!  Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I played a little of it, but the graphics really turned me off. I have heard so many good things about it though, so I will definitely go back to it at some point.

Total Posts: 5597

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just listened to the main theme.  It’s lovely.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top